• 3 months later...

Hi there my friends

I been following this tread for a while only can say a complete different level of modellism I only can wonder if you can post some photos of the ventral fuel tank as they don't exist in wonderfull 1/72 scale

Best day

Armando

Hi friends,

I'm still working on the SEM. Had to revise the front landinggear! I hop I can give you an update soon. I'm not happy with the slow progress at all, sorry for that. :wacko:/>

@Armando, unfortunatly there is no centerline fuel tank in 1/72 as you said and I will not scratchbilt one. I will either leave the centerline hardpoint empty or I will hang a designationpot on there.

Best regards Rob

Edited by 72scaler
  • 2 months later...

Hello friends

I'm back with another update on my never ending Etendard story. I worked on the wings recently. The wings of the Academy kit are to small and are not arrowed enough. Therefore I aded some evergreen plastic sheet to the front part of the wing root (as shown in the third picture). The wings are still not big enough but almost as arrowed as they should be. As usual almost all the panel lines at the wrong place which means rescribing a lot. Especially the flaps were not long enough, therefore I hade to shift the crinkle on the back edge of the wing furder to the wingtip (first picture).

Etendard73_zpscurfinm4.jpg

c08b7a13-c1a3-4819-8ac0-086e0507a2fd_zps

Etendard75_zpsu78qq9rc.jpg

The result of my work gives the hole thing slowly the shape of a Super Etendard, although there are still some serious shape issues with the Academy kit.

Etendard76_zpsvvspwv64.jpg

Etendard77_zpsxjfrzdtb.jpg

Due to failure I had to rework the rudder of the vertical stabilizer. :bandhead2: Zap-a-gap destroyed all the detail.

Etendard78_zpsvakxx6xb.jpg

I also put some more work in the air brakes and the landing gear. Dryfitting showed that some rekonstruction was needed. It was timeconsuming but the details are a bit more crisp now and more importent the shape issues are fixed. Because the parts I'm taling about are quite smal I will try to borrow a more sophisticaded camera from a friend bevor I show you the outcome.

Until then, happy modelling...

Edited by 72scaler
  • 4 weeks later...

Good evening folks

Thank you for the encouragement. I worked on the underside of the wings and therefore on the drop tanks.

The first picture shows the Heller pylon (above) and the Academy one (below). As you can see the Heller pylon has a kink on the travelling edge, which is correct. Further more the Academy pylon is missing kind of a step at the back. I tried to apply  those details to the Academy pylons.

Etendard79_zpsfbgm8xss.jpg

The Droptanks needed some work too, namely the fins are not acurate and the tanks ar too long by approximately three mm. I cut them short and added new fins. The result is as follows...

Etendard80_zpsx8j86876.jpg

Etendard81_zps9b8e8p5j.jpg

Etendard82_zps3vs6ilwc.jpg

Etendard83_zpsumocmpst.jpg

Best regards Rob

Edited by 72scaler
On 8/6/2016 at 0:01 PM, 72scaler said:

Hi friends,

I'm still working on the SEM. Had to revise the front landinggear! I hop I can give you an update soon. I'm not happy with the slow progress at all, sorry for that. :wacko:/>

@Armando, unfortunatly there is no centerline fuel tank in 1/72 as you said and I will not scratchbilt one. I will either leave the centerline hardpoint empty or I will hang a designationpot on there.

Best regards Rob

Can i drag myself to begging so you can reconsider that position???

Best day

Armando

7 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

Can i drag myself to begging so you can reconsider that position???

Best day

Armando

Hi Armando, :rofl:

there is no need to. The reconstruction of the front landing gear is almost completed and will no longer delay the progress of this project. I hope I can show you the result soon, some improvements could be achieved.

Best regards

Rob