I want to do a 1/32 F-15C. Tamiya makes a great kit of this but the top fuselage half has the JFS for a E model and they are not on the C model. Is there anyway to remove these to add the correct JFS?

Ollie,

The C mods for the Tamiya kit have been well documented by a couple folks in the In Progress section ... May have to search back a ways but they are in there. You might also look in the Gallery --- Jets --- F-15 And look for builds of the Tamiya kit ... probably in one of those also. I'm sure I've copied them to a folder on my computer but I'm on my phone right now.

It's a pretty easy fix. Just find some good references and rescribe the area. time-consuming, but easily within the means of the average modeler.

Jake

Hi Ollie,

As Jake and Gary suggested it is a relatively easy fix. I filled the -E openings then opened up a single larger hole using The Modern Eagle guide for reference. (Be aware that the position of the chimney on the -C varied at times so check pics of the bird you wish to build if poss.)A little etched mesh and the job was done.

Seehere for how I tackled it.

HTH and enjoy your project.

Cheers.