AT-6 with an Attitude need help

Spain flew them our of the Canaries for fighting in (then) Spanish Morocco, IIRC. There was a gentleman whose father flew them that used to post on HS, although I can't recall his name. Navarro, I think… :blink:

KAGNEW, a serious question.

How come you are asking about pictures and drawings for specific weapons, but any possible critique you and Mr.Song are seemingly absolutely ignoring?

Why be so selective when it comes to help for the kit?

• 1 month later...

Glen,

So excited that Kittyhawk is doing this aircraft and even more so the armed COIN version. As was noted the T-6 was armed by a number of countries with the most ones being France, Portugal, Belgium, and Spain. All of these Air Forces used the type to fight insurgencies in their african imperial holdings. There were many african users who also armed the T-6 such as Katanga, Biafra, DR Congo and Gabon just to name a few.

Looking at your image above I would say you have accurate weapons portrayed but they certainly would not all be carried at the same time. At least that is my understanding as these were light strike aircraft.

The French in Algeria tended to use the gun packs and the 2.75in. rocket pods. I have also read that french Texans also carried small napalm canisters. The Portugese in Angola and Mozambique use the gun packs and 2.75in. rocket pods. The Belgian Fire Assistance Flights in the Congo used gun packs and 5 in rockets under the outboard wings. I beleive the Katangans used a similar loadout but I have also seen Katangan Aircraft portrayed with the 2.75in pods as well. I would assume both those loadouts would follow for DR Congo aircraft as they were operated by CIA and Belgian pilots during the fight in Congo in the sixties. Spanish T-6's were a little different as they actually had a gun in the wing so I am not sure if they carried the gun packs and I am not sure if they carried 5 in or 2.75 rockets.

Zach

The AT-6 variants were designed to potentially have up to five guns as armament - two in the upper nose, one in each wing, and one for a rear gunner. I don't think any of them carried all five - when any were carried normally only one would be carried in the nose and one in the port (I think) wing. Diagrams/photos showing this fit can be found in any T-6 manual. The most heavily armed production variant would have been the A-27s (but had a larger engine) and the NA-72s that went to Brazil. The Wirraways were armed, but are considerably different from the AT-6.

Edited by agboak

France used them in Algeria, Spain flew them out of the Canary Islands to use over Spanish Morocco and IIRC Portugal used armed T-6s in Mozambique (not sure about Angola). So if you search those conflicts you may be able to find something.

I sent a bunch of photos of At-6 Portuguese in Angola and Mozambique, South African Air Force and French in Algeria, some pics gave nice views of the weapons.

I recieved no reply or a reply to my query as to wheter the pics were recieved or not.

Did you get them Glen?

hi all

yes i recieved about 80 emails on weapons for AT-6.

but someone had the blue prints for rockets and launchers

so i have all i need

thanx Glen

Cool thats great news that you got the blue prints!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...