1/72 Decals for F-117 in Desert Storm

I don't know about Desert Storm specifically, but Twobobs made 72-042 which has enough numbers to make any F-117. It's out of print, but if you hunt around, I'm sure one would turn up eventually.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev1/901-1000/Rev925-TwoBobs72042/00.shtm

Here's a site that mentions the planes involved:

http://www.f-117a.com/DS.html

Using that site, I'm sure you might find better pictures!

Edited by Milo

I don't know about Desert Storm specifically, but Twobobs made 72-042 which has enough numbers to make any F-117. It's out of print, but if you hunt around, I'm sure one would turn up eventually.

There is almost nothing on that sheet that could be used on a Desert Storm F-117. Even the national insignia was somewhat different, let alone the badges and tail codes.

I have for years been looking for F-117 Desert Storm markings in 1/72 and 1/48, but the only markings that I can ever find are with the kit and these are always for the same aircraft which is the one that Col Al Whitley flew during the conflict. This is really a pity as there many more aircraft out there that had better bomb bay art. If only someone would do a sheet or was some sort of agreement reached about which aircraft could be done?

There is almost nothing on that sheet that could be used on a Desert Storm F-117. Even the national insignia was somewhat different, let alone the badges and tail codes.

Furthermore, on the 1/72nd sheet the Kosovo mission markings that were the reason I ordered the sheet in the first place are not included...

Cheers,

Andre

I have for years been looking for F-117 Desert Storm markings in 1/72 and 1/48, but the only markings that I can ever find are with the kit and these are always for the same aircraft which is the one that Col Al Whitley flew during the conflict. This is really a pity as there many more aircraft out there that had better bomb bay art. If only someone would do a sheet or was some sort of agreement reached about which aircraft could be done?

I'm sure you know of the Cutting Edge F-117 sheet? It covers some other Desert Storm planes other than 'Toxic Avenger'. Of course it's rather hard to find. I know some DS modeler that has that sheet; but won't part with it.

I'm sure you know of the Cutting Edge F-117 sheet? It covers some other Desert Storm planes other than 'Toxic Avenger'. Of course it's rather hard to find. I know some DS modeler that has that sheet; but won't part with it.

I wonder who that would be... :whistle:

Edited by PlasticWeapons

I can say with some certainty that your wait is almost over..