arrf oshkosh firetruck 1/12 scratch built fully operational

hello everybody my neam is semjoe and I like to scratch build working model

heres my 1/12 scratch built Oshkosh arrf firetruck, I started about 3 years ago , over 1100 hours in it and still working on it . it highly detail working model. with lights sounds and yes a working water cannons

im on a couple of other model website, but saw this one. im hoping its ok to bring this build here.

time to cut out the cab

SANY0460.jpg

SANY0461.jpg

add some window detail

SANY0470.jpg

SANY0476.jpg

handles now

well, its rough cut right now. on the sides of the bumpers are turn signals too. i will put those in tomorow

alot work to do on this bumper. i was going to put a static water cannon here. but i think i can make a working one here, will see!

SANY0605.jpg

SANY0606.jpg

SANY0607.jpg

im still working on the front bumper. theres a lot of stuff thats involve in making this function

ive decided to make a working bumper mounted water cannon. it will turn l/r but not up/down

i needed to make a compartment that was accessible

also install pull ring and fog lights

SANY0619.jpg

SANY0620.jpg

SANY0621.jpg

for now the face plate and bumper is done

still alot more to do but the basics is all done

tomorrow i will get started on the sides of the cab

SANY0631-1.jpg

still didnt finish the rivets. but heres what i have for so far. hopefully you can see them

SANY0645.jpg

SANY0646.jpg

SANY0647.jpg

heres a little update

SANY0649.jpg

not much of an update , but baby steps it is

really getting busy in shop,sense summer is coming and guys are getting the inchies for there truck

ive installed the rear grill. theres a butt load of lights to be put in. waiting on lenses to come in. but later today i will put the rivets on the other side

SANY0688.jpg

worked on the dashboard today

i hand to keep in mind to make it removable. so it has 2x mounting screws through the front face plate

this about all i can do for the interior untill i see where the electronics go

but i would like to do door panels and seats.

so if somebody has pictures of this .that would be greatly appreciated

SANY0741.jpg

SANY0742.jpg

SANY0743.jpg

SANY0744.jpg

ive started on the bumper mounted cannon

it does work left/right and up/down

i need still have alot work with it. but the basics is started

SANY0060.jpg

SANY0061.jpg

through the whole chassis and cant see any issues

i made rear fenders

im going with a different motor and tranny for torque, this truck will be heavier then the 4x4, needing more power

the engine compartment will be empty . i have the perfect solution for that area

i just got word my water tank is ready

tomorrow i should have fenders in paint and be back on track

oh ya rear steer is hooked up and ready

SANY0014.jpg

SANY0015-1.jpg

Capture.png

i started on the making the window area

the window is removable with screws and the mounting too is removable

next is the grate covering the window

SANY0047-1.jpg

SANY0046-1.jpg

she painted

i need to add some kind of bracket to the roof to hold down the grate

once that done i can paint the roof

SANY0052-1.jpg

SANY0051-1.jpg

had some time today to start thinking about mounting the engine

i finally figured it all out. i know its not a v-8 but its a straight six will have to do

i prefitted the motor mounts. tomorrow i will really get into it

cut the rails a little off and paint the them. make a radiator , fan and some pullies

SANY0054-1.jpg

SANY0056.jpg

so i have the rails for the rear section painted

the rack in the back of the engine is built

i put an aircleaner in

ran the exhaust

SANY0057.jpg

SANY0058-1.jpg

today i started on the cab steps, i wanted to keep it the brush alum look. so i bought a very thin peice of alum

i will top it off with a peice of diamond plate too

there a door next to the step.for some reason they look chrome. so made it out of .040 styrene and chrome decal, added some screw

the top front boxes is about ready for paint. im going to add a top lamp

you really dont know how much detail is in one of these trucks untill you build one. wow

SANY0084.jpg

SANY0085.jpg

SANY0086.jpg

time to put the top lights on the top the upper window, to hide the wiring i used 2 peice of hollow square tubing, then down the back of the cab i used a peice of shrink tubing. then ran the wiring out the bottom rear of the cab

SANY0087-1.jpg

SANY0088-1.jpg

SANY0089-1.jpg

ok thnx for all the guys that sent me some pictures they really help out

i did some more on the topper, next is the snozzle

SANY0836.jpg

SANY0837.jpg

was looking a bunch of different pictures sent to me by alot of people, 1st of all thank you!

2nd , i would have to say that almost every single truck was different in some or another

i work the tank topper today. hopefully this is close

SANY0858.jpg

SANY0857.jpg

wahoo! the actuator cam in and have to say ,its perfect for what im looking for

i made the main joint cup, the 1st lower boom is 278mm long, then the knuckle and then the main boom , which is 580mm long

i mounted the actuator too. i still have quite few parts to make still. but i figure i show some pictures

SANY0695-1.jpg

SANY0696.jpg

pull rods are on

spacers are in

electronics are up and running, still along way to go though

SANY0702.jpg

SANY0701.jpg

SANY0700.jpg

small update

i received in nother batch of micro screws and wow was a difference it makes

i started with the sides of the topper and the floor

also added some to the top of the engine compartment

SANY0727.jpg

SANY0728.jpg

felt like working with plastic today, so i started on the topper for the boom compartment

again, every truck i look at is alittle different. so im going to combine what i saw from each one. 1st theres the main topper, then i made a removable top plate on top that. the plate has 32 micro screws in it

so the basics is done for it. i figure i show you a before shot , tomorrow i will sand, prime and paint

SANY0745-1.jpg

SANY0744-1.jpg

i worked on the perch today

SANY0747-1.jpg

SANY0748-1.jpg

topper is done

SANY0761.jpg

SANY0760.jpg

SANY0762.jpg

was to work on the rear fender today. ive added the hand rail, tool box and step pad. the 1st battery i bought for this i mess it up by keeping it plugged in. 90.00 down the drain. i hate lipo batteries but i need the power. right now its charging up.

SANY1071.jpg

i have cut the extension, work on the basics of the snozzle, installed the lifting servo and ran some plumbing. this is all a mock up and alot of fine tuning to do .

SANY1168.jpg

SANY1167.jpg

thank you for being pateint with this build its been about 18 months in the makings.

here another update

i started on the rear plumbing

SANY1169.jpg

ive started on the other side for the plumbing . also made top cover for the lifting arm. this will let me bable to run wires and have excess to them

SANY1172.jpg

SANY1173.jpg

hey evrybody, really sorry about leave of absense here.

i had huge mishap with the firetruck, i was installing the electronic for the boom and the electronic compartment started to have a serious melt down. bottom line was i loss i all of it . very expensive booboo. it wiped out most of the lights too. sooooo i had to tare it down and basically start over . so while i have it apart i will do some upgrades, ive paint chassis, change the tires and rims, upgraded the servos ,added anothe axle etc. ive also went from a 6x6x4 to and 8x8x6.

what was taking so long that i really had to get over the melt down. im sure we have all been there one time or another. so enough of this and let get started

SANY2050.jpg

SANY2051.jpg

SANY2052.jpg

SANY2053.jpg

the week from hell has began, time to wire this up with lights and sounds

SANY2163.jpg

so when it came to the lights on the rear engione compartment , i was right , they all were burnt. soooooooooooooo, time to break out some new ones . i have rc4wds bruiser light kit here, perfect for what i need for running lights. i use 2 sets, 4 reds and 4 yellow, did some splicing. plugs right into the receiver , later i will add and on/off swith, the bumper lights are fine. ive also added a back up light top center

SANY2164.jpg

lights, lights, and more lights lol! insane

any way , while i had the radiator out , ive add some electric fans(fake)

SANY2165.jpg

next i cut 3 pieces of shrink tube and cut one of the lights off the main

SANY2255.jpg

ok, this is how i did this end of it, now i have to make 3 more, after this i will show you how to do the other end of it

SANY2256.jpg

all 4 are made, next step . i drill a whole in the deck of the truck. the piece will be glued in

SANY2258.jpg

next i cut another sleeve that fits over light bucket pole but is smaller then the deck sleeve . will also attach the wire tip/plug

SANY2259.jpg

next i flipped the deck upside down, yellow/black wires are the 4 search lights, the red/black with white tips are for extras light for boom later. the red/black wire with black tip is power for the lights

SANY2260.jpg

the search light are up and working

SANY2261.jpg

the boom lights are working also

SANY2262.jpg

OH MY LORD!!!!!!!! We have found Picasso!!!!!!!!! Holy Mother of All That Is Styrene!!!! You sir are a artist!

-Jim

thanks jim, all from a flat peice of styrene, still working on it, im waiting on the fuel pump and a water tank to come in

• 3 months later...