Color Info needed, LASD helicopter

Hello guys !

Can someone help me,with some colour infos.

I want to build the new Super Puma helicopter of the Los Angeles Sheriffs Department in 1:32. For this i combine two kits of the Revell "Bundespolizei" Puma( the old Matchbox kit).

Now i want to know, if somebody can help me with the colour specifications, RAL or FS if available.

Thanks a lot

Greetings Michael

• 2 months later...

I am working on an LASD AS-350.

I used Testors Champagne Gold.

Boyd (now Testors Model Masters) "Pearl Dark Green"

Boyd (now Testors Model Masters) "Lime Pearl"

Testors "Insignia yellow"

They are pretty close to the correct colors..at least the closest I could find

54F8D90D-5E77-4CC5-846C-014287818AC6-12010-000024BE8B18F9AF_zps0257fd56.jpg

Good luck!!

Bob

Hello !

Thank you for your reply ! After studying some pictures i have decided to take Revell colors, and mix them if needed.

Currently i have completed the model of the AS332L1 Super Puma, by using two "Bundespolizei" helis in 1:32 from Revell.

Actually i have colored the helicopter in white and have put some putty on it, because there were some gaps that have to be filled.

Greetings

Michael

Hello !

Thank you for your reply ! After studying some pictures i have decided to take Revell colors, and mix them if needed.

Currently i have completed the model of the AS332L1 Super Puma, by using two "Bundespolizei" helis in 1:32 from Revell.

Actually i have colored the helicopter in white and have put some putty on it, because there were some gaps that have to be filled.

Greetings

Michael

Might try dropping LASO's Air Unit a line and ask. No better source than the horses mouth. When did they get the Super Puma? I remember their ST-58, which was replaced by a H-3 Call sign "Air Rescue Five"). They were the ships used in the north county / Angeles National Forest. Also remember an MD-500 NOTAR that operated out of the Malibu Station (Which was actually in Calabasas.). Want a real stunner paint job, go north. Ventura County Sheriff's H-1s in yellow/ blue are eye catchers. (I am prejudiced though. Good friend was an H-1 crewchief. Another flew the MD-500 they had.)

I remember when they replaced the S-58's. McMahon Helicopters here in Michigan bought them.

N598s.jpg

n589s.jpg

N589s was sold to Solley Airways,http://www.airliners.net/photo/Solley/Sikorsky-S-58ET/0389478/L/

N598s crashed at WillowRun airport. The fuselage made it way to Alabama, its now painted red and sitting on the bottom of the gulf as an artificial reef. (seen on the weather ch. show Reef Wranglers)

A reef is a better fate than just being scrapped. Something I was thinking about, seems to me the color shades varied from ship to ship. Different paint batches, different shops (doubt they have their own shop), time painted. Also, I seem to remember one of the ST-58s having gone down. Seems it was a non fatal while dropping off a Fire Handcrew at USFS station in the Angeles Crest area to do some trail repair or such.

Aero Bureau has three bases, main headquarters is at Long Beach airport, eastern base Brackett Field in LaVerne and the north base at Burbank Bob Hope airport.(Vertical911 Mag) I think the pumas are at the bracket field base.

Aero Bureau has three bases, main headquarters is at Long Beach airport, eastern base Brackett Field in LaVerne and the north base at Burbank Bob Hope airport.(Vertical911 Mag) I think the pumas are at the bracket field base.

My Ex lived in Alta Dena. Used to see "Air Rescue 5" (Was the H-3 at that time) heading home every day around 6 pm, flying over her place. ST-58s had the Air Rescue 5 call sign prior to. Big helos look to be assigned to Brackett. Makes sense. Need the extra power for hot& high ops in the Angeles National Forest area.

Might try dropping LASO's Air Unit a line and ask. No better source than the horses mouth. When did they get the Super Puma? I remember their ST-58, which was replaced by a H-3 Call sign "Air Rescue Five"). They were the ships used in the north county / Angeles National Forest. Also remember an MD-500 NOTAR that operated out of the Malibu Station (Which was actually in Calabasas.). Want a real stunner paint job, go north. Ventura County Sheriff's H-1s in yellow/ blue are eye catchers. (I am prejudiced though. Good friend was an H-1 crewchief. Another flew the MD-500 they had.)

I agree! I have often considered doing some of my kits as older Ventura County ships :D/> Airliners.net has many good photos of their aircraft!

David

I agree! I have often considered doing some of my kits as older Ventura County ships :D/>/> Airliners.net has many good photos of their aircraft!

David

Hey, David. There is a website ALEA, Aviation Law Enforcement Assoc. (?) Has a bunch of VC photos. And pretty much everybody else. Wish I could figure out how to post a couple photos I have here.