Hello modelers, I wont show you my progress.

The box......

Skyraider1_zps4d811ed0.jpg

I have not used resins for the exhaust pipes (I hope that they will translate well), but I drilled those of the kit ....

Skyraider2_zps03fabc8c.jpg

a detail of the cockpit enriched with photoeched Eduard Zoom.....

Skyraider3_zps5dc6449c.jpg

The engine was only painted, I did not detail it because it will be almost completely covered and the seat, it was completely smooth and flat, I used vallejo paints to try to simulate the padding and give it volume. Same thing for the seat belts ......

Skyraider4_zps22af90ee.jpg

And finally the cockpit with the control panel ......

Skyraider5_zps69362f5f.jpg

What do you think of this work?

Hello modelers, I wont show you my progress.

The box......

Skyraider1_zps4d811ed0.jpg

I have not used resins for the exhaust pipes (I hope that they will translate well), but I drilled those of the kit ....

Skyraider2_zps03fabc8c.jpg

a detail of the cockpit enriched with photoeched Eduard Zoom.....

Skyraider3_zps5dc6449c.jpg

The engine was only painted, I did not detail it because it will be almost completely covered and the seat, it was completely smooth and flat, I used vallejo paints to try to simulate the padding and give it volume. Same thing for the seat belts ......

Skyraider4_zps22af90ee.jpg

And finally the cockpit with the control panel ......

Skyraider5_zps69362f5f.jpg

What do you think of this work?

I think you are doing a GREAT job ! @ 1/72 scale I think your job on the kit exhausts is just fine.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello modelers, thanks for the comments left! :)/>

Here is my progress.:)/>

I have recreated the grid in front of the oil cooler inlet scoop using a metal grid, painted in black and du apllicando on it a drybrush with aluminum.....

Skyraider6_zps8af05e13.jpg

Skyraider7_zps1b5c40e5.jpg

Skyraider8_zps68ca4eee.jpg

Then I detailed the engine a bit by adding pipes and bolts .....

Skyraider9_zps0be00dce.jpg

Skyraider10_zps9e09f6cd.jpg

then I have redone a part of the mechanism for opening the canopy .......

Skyraider11_zps2c801861.jpg

then a minimum of cables in the wheel bays .......

Skyraider12copia_zps9ab531a1.jpg

and at the end I have redone the guns and pitot tube with the profiles of brass

Skyraider13_zps05b16379.jpg

Skyraider14_zpsb1245e15.jpg

Skyraider15_zpsc4394b43.jpg

Some serious work! I'll be following this with interest. What markings are you planning to use?

Probably a subject of VA-152 aboard the USS Oriskany in 1966, the specimen with the ace of spades on the fuselage,I will have to make home made decals because I know that they do not exist in 1/72!

Great job Vincenzo, :thumbsup: I will follow with great interest your build 'cause I've one in my stash

I've bought a good number of AM comprised the Quickboost exhaust and after see your solution I now think that this is the more simple way to replicate it!

Ciao,

Gianni

Great job Vincenzo, :thumbsup:/> I will follow with great interest your build 'cause I've one in my stash

I've bought a good number of AM comprised the Quickboost exhaust and after see your solution I now think that this is the more simple way to replicate it!

Ciao,

Gianni

Ciao Gianni

we have do a bit of economy :tumble:

Holy words mate,especially for guys without job like me!

Can ask you the source to replicate the grid?

Gianni

Ciao Gianni, I remember buying it at the exhibition in Brescia a few years ago in a stand of foreign exhibitors, I can not be more precise, they do not have brand name and were in simple transparent packaging.

I'm sorry about your job, I hope that the situation will improve soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a subject of VA-152 aboard the USS Oriskany in 1966, the specimen with the ace of spades on the fuselage,I will have to make home made decals because I know that they do not exist in 1/72!

Starfighter decals has them in 1/350 scale. If you get in touch with him, may enlarge them and print them on decal film for you. I'm doing the aircraft for a 1/96 scale Oriskany and had him make decals for him.

Here is the first phase of the paint, from here on in I'll start with the weathering true with so many different techniques, I hope that it will come good :blink:

Skyraider20_zps1314bde4.jpg

Skyraider21_zps7c3abc22.jpg

Skyraider22_zpsaf365e37.jpg

Skyraider23_zps55f1f3fa.jpg

Hi Vincenzo,

great job so far. Complimenti!

I've the same boxing and just waiting for an inpiring decal sheet to start it.

Do you have any advice on the assembly process? is it requiring a lot of filler?

And then, I see you preshaded with brown\red brown... why? what's the effect you want to get?

Attendo sviluppi :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Vincenzo,

great job so far. Complimenti!

I've the same boxing and just waiting for an inpiring decal sheet to start it.

Do you have any advice on the assembly process? is it requiring a lot of filler?

And then, I see you preshaded with brown\red brown... why? what's the effect you want to get?

Attendo sviluppi :D/>/>

Ciao,

the decals are going to get, for the model that I have chosen they do not exist and then a friend made ​​them for me.

The pictures you see are the only ones that I did because the assembly is very simple, I used a bit of milliput only between the wings and the fuselage and some other micro point but nothing more. The dual color preshading is why I want to get a part of the total after the first coat of paint and as you can see from the photos below the brown needed to have a base for oil leakage.

I hope that the photos may partially satisfy your curiosity :)/>

Skyraider24_zps47e030db.jpg

Skyraider25_zps5dd20869.jpg

Skyraider26_zpsb69eb610.jpg

Skyraider27_zpsae7eb971.jpg

Skyraider28_zpsdf6215b0.jpg

Here are the photos of the model after the coat of future, the landing gear and the loads are ready, I'm just waiting for decals .........:yes1:

Skyraider29_zpsb43e15ea.jpg

Skyraider30_4020_zps6bbff7c6.jpg

• 1 month later...

I can show you the pictures of the model with a decal that my friend made ​​for me. The American signs were painted instead with masks that a friend has done for me, the result is not perfect but for me is the first time I use this technique and I'm happy. :rolleyes:

Skyraider33_zps46b3b2a2.jpg

Skyraider36_zps99533f42.jpg

Skyraider34_zps2ddc09ff.jpg

Skyraider35_zps137e0088.jpg

Edited by Spad