1/48 monogram F-4C Luke AFB Bicentennial scheme

DSCN3639_zps5dc3c877.jpg

i might not be able to use all the decals that where intended for the Hasegawa kit, like the tricolor bands, but painting them is an easy task...

it should be a straight OOB build.

some work is already done (ain't started before the GB starts... but haven't had the time yet to post some progress photos)

DSCN3915_zps05613481.jpg

DSCN4023_zps719314a1.jpg

DSCN4020_zps52f7afd9.jpg

the cockpit area is completed... i only added a scratch build HUD

DSCN4025_zps9fb2742e.jpg

DSCN4026_zps64374c1b.jpg

body halves are also glued together, and spine was puttied and sanded... like my 7 other projects that are already started!w00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

that one also have had some serious work since last update

DSCN4140_zpsb5c02da8.jpg

but, like stated in one of my other monogram built thread, my monograms kit have been cursed with warping problems... but in that case, age is not in cause... maybe more cheap manufacturing methods...

DSCN4142_zps8978e219.jpg

but this time, i just have to wait that glue dries to finish the joining intakes parts correctly... this should be done in a day...

DSCN4143_zps16ed6047.jpg

i also try to add some fancy to my monogram kits with false half compressor faces... i just cut in two one compressor face and glued it in the white painted intakes... gives a OK looks at some angles...

DSCN4144_zps8d53095e.jpg

every seam have been filled and sanded... it have been easier with that one than with my two other monogram kits... which where older and very warped... still, lots of details have been lost in the intakes area...

but, overall it looks rather nice, and surface is cleaned and most details remain.

DSCN4290_zps132a2658.jpg

ready to receive some Archer's fine details transfers this week...

DSCN4292_zps921d30d7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

like my other monogram Phantoms, lost rivets have been mostly restored...

if you compare my 3 monogram builds, you'll see that they pretty looks alike... always the same area that lost their details...

spine and engines intakes area...

i did not restore all of the intakes details, there was too many... and not all worth being restored (IMHO)

DSCN4362_zpsbf843a24.jpg

DSCN4363_zps25c967e5.jpg

DSCN4364_zps0111f6df.jpg

DSCN4365_zps2c619778.jpg

• 2 months later...

and a last one before the deadline! can't believe i spent all my Saturday to finish that one!w00t.gif

my third monogram F-4 build for that GB!

decals used where only those for the Hasegawa kit... except the pilot name that came from a superscale sheet.

DSCN5281_zpse21f22d4.jpg

DSCN5282_zps7fac81ed.jpg

DSCN5283_zpsd9c5d8a3.jpg

Edited by mingwin

as the monogram kit has not exactly the same measurement as the hasegawa's one, i had to paint some extra on the tail marking to make it fit. and paint the blue white red stripes on the wings.DSCN5284_zpsd62ed551.jpg

DSCN5285_zps036dcea3.jpg

DSCN5286_zpsfb9bfb6d.jpg

DSCN5288_zps7dcca6b3.jpg

DSCN5289_zpsa39e2eae.jpg

Edited by mingwin

DSCN5291_zps0e57cb99.jpg

DSCN5292_zpsff1d9405.jpg

DSCN5301_zps9b1f6a0e.jpg

DSCN5296_zpsb01c2139.jpg

DSCN5295_zpsf13fedd4.jpg

hope you'll enjoy those pics, taken in the urge of doing so before the GB deadline!

if i had more time i'd remove some dust, here and there on the model...before posting those pics! (sorry)

Edited by mingwin

Lovely work!

That's quite an assembly line you got going...

Cheers,

Andre

Thank you Andre!

indeed that was exactly what i was thinking my hobby room looks like.... it is now getting slightly less cluttered than previous months/weeks... still there is still 2 F-4C waiting for their decals/and finish touches... which should be done in the next month... then it will be the time for 2 academy F-4B builds!

Beautiful job my friend!

I'm amazed,you build 3 1/48 model in the same time I used to make one in 72nd...

271.gif Gianni

Thank you Sir!

maybe i've done more and bigger birds than you... but still, the amount of details you put in your models is more impressive than what i can do.... and way more "time consuming" than the kind of modelling i'm doing (even if i did put some respectable amount of resin bits on some of my models)

Edited by mingwin