F-15I RA'AM "THUNDER"

one small point, the circular cooling vent, on the starboard aft of the cockpit on IAF F-15I's... it doesn't exist.. it's somewhere on the same side, but below the CFT........

you're right, I'm aware of this thing, I think you see it in the first picture of the building, but then I've sealed with putty .....

in this photo you can see a preview paint well that was omitted ...

thank's

ciao ciao -GIO-

_MG_8450-1.jpg

What a great build!

One question: from the last picture the pre-shading doesn't seem to show through. Is it so? Or is it just that the picture can't show the small color variations?

/Kristian

A great job so far. I like this build. I have a small question? What are the colours you use for the camo sheme?

GR

Rogier

hi ROGIER

for camo i use all gunze colors..

H310 brown

h313 Yellow/sand

h74 duck egg green plus added 20% White

h308 for lower surface

h306 for radome and various antennas...

ciao ciao -GIO-

What a great build!

One question: from the last picture the pre-shading doesn't seem to show through. Is it so? Or is it just that the picture can't show the small color variations?

/Kristian

hi KRISTIAN

yes,I deliberately made ​​to disappear the pre-shading because it seemed more "grilled Aircraft".....I will try to vary the tones at the end of work,after glossy panel lines and decalling...

ciao ciao -GIO-

hi ROGIER

for camo i use all gunze colors..

H310 brown

h313 Yellow/sand

h74 duck egg green plus added 20% White

h308 for lower surface

h306 for radome and various antennas...

ciao ciao -GIO-

Thanks for the answer. I whas looking for the corect colours so long. I love the paint job on your F15 its looks realy great. Send some new pictures very soon.

GR

Rogiér

hi KRISTIAN

yes,I deliberately made ​​to disappear the pre-shading because it seemed more "grilled Aircraft".....I will try to vary the tones at the end of work,after glossy panel lines and decalling...

ciao ciao -GIO-

Preshading is not real. This is a technique that has been introduced many years ago to obtain some color variations. I see doing this alot and the when they spray the camo you don't see it anymore. So I'm glad you didn't go with the preshading.

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. i would also like to know a bit more about your weathering technique. It looks lovely on that wing shot.

for HOKUM%" and BATANA plus Others interested...

I added to the base color of white and I cleared in case the central part of the panels, then I did a mixture of clear yellow and one drop of brown, much thinner. you get a caramel color, passing around the panels with the airbrush you get a low-pressure effects are normally of shadow/wear---

you can also simulate trails of oil and grease in the desired area insisting more ...

to the trails on the bolts and rivets, I used colored chalk dust (dark brown / gray / black / orange and dark blue) ..., pull with the applicators microbrush fine and superfine ....

the work is finished, you seal it all with a little shade of clear matt ..

sorry for my bad english .....

hello hello from italy-GIO

Edited by viperjoe

Gio, that is the best Israeli F-15 model that I have seen!....what an absolute beauty!

Just brilliant paintwork and finish there. :thumbsup:

Also, condolences from me to you for the loss of your Father.

Jeff.

• 1 month later...