Trumpeter 1/72 Merkava III

After a bit of a break and a couple of aircraft kits for a change of pace, I recently completed two new armour kits. Here is one of them...

Trumpeter's Merkava III is a great little kit featuring the new Trumpeter method of track material and assembly. This was first used way back on the IS-3 kits and seems to have become the new Trumpeter standard, rather than those horrid vinyl tracks.

The only detail lacking on this little Merkava are the characteristic ball and chain array underneath the turret rear basket. Not sure why Trumpeter omitted this, as the earlier Revell kit includes them.

After much research, I used Vallejo Grey green for IDF Sinai Grey. Lifecolor's offering is darker, but Vallejo seems to "hit that spot"

I have seen a lot of images in my references and online of Merkava's on dusty roads, so used that as an inspiration for a simple base.

trumpeter-merkava3-01.jpg

trumpeter-merkava3-02.jpg

trumpeter-merkava3-03.jpg

trumpeter-merkava3-04.jpg

trumpeter-merkava3-06.jpg

Nice! :thumbsup:

Looked-up a review regarding the tracks. Interesting approach. :thumbsup: Hate those vinyl tracks with a passion as well. :lol:

Hope Trumpeter will follow-up on this one with a version with the wedge-shaped additional armour panels on the turret. That'd be cool!

Edited by ChernayaAkula