Announced Revell New Tool 1/32 EC-135 - Updates?

Hi Guys,

Any updates on this reported "new tooling"? I have not seen or heard anything since the announcement at the Toy Show last Fall... Thanks

David

There are already three different testshot versions with slight changes. There are still some minor changes to do until the kit can be released. Fot Europe it's scheduled for August. At the Nuremberg Toy Fair in February, a built (by me) testshot model was presented at the Revell booth.

Stay tuned, it's defenitely worth waiting.

Edited by troschi
  • 6 months later...

Hi Troshi

I spoke recently with some friends about this model

Is it totaly new mold or are they some old parts inside ?

Norbert

Except for a sprue with smaller parts which is already known from the police versions and the EC-145, the whole kit is a complete new tool. Faults of the old kit are not present anymore. Revell did it's homework.

But this "old" sprue is actually very good and you only need the radar nose, windscreen wiper and settling protectors from it.

Check out www.scale-rotors.com the next days for a detailed review.

Edited by troschi

??? The info on the timeline @ scalemates.com is correct. The Flying Bulls rebox is based on the first release of the old kit.

Hmm... Strange. The info when you click on the Flying Bulls kit is correct. However, that orange timeline links the new kit and the Flying Bulls kit together. All the older kits are linked together in their own group, too.

• 2 months later...

I am soooooo excited! I bought myself a few early birthday presents! They arrived today. The first is the new tool EC-135! It's a beaut! Can't wait to sit down and start planning my build of my former office!

137LN-1.jpg

I also bought an Italeri 1/48 UH1N. I plan on getting the Belcher Bits conversion set and the Cobra Company firefighting water tank to do a 412 conversion. Any feedback on either aftermarket kit would be appreciated! Thanks.

David

That's a nice ship, the 135 is one of my favorites. :)/>/>/> The Belcher Bits set is nice, fits perfectly with just abit of sanding. I used it on my 412 a while back.

b412_2.jpg

Mark,

Very nice! I hope to be ordering the Belcher Bits set this weekend. The only dissapointment on the new tool is only one window on the rear clam shell doors. cutting the extra hole is not the problem, but having to fabricate and attempt to vacuum form a window is... Aftermarket???

David