• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with wardog, great job on the burner cans. Your weathered finish is looking good as well. I see you use the Tamiya silver putty, I love this stuff but, can't seem to find it here in the states anymore. Keep up the great work, " Tomcats Forever, Baby !"

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Looking awesome.....as expected. Maybe you can give a quick description of your painting process???

You captured the color of the burner cans perfectly as well.

1.Use flat black make preshade, with random black dots all over the fuselage

2.Mr.hobby H315 for the base color,

3.Spray light grey randomly to simulate the dirt.

4.white + H315, spray over the panel line,rivet and the middle of the dark area of the preshade.

5.Use H315 to control the contrast of the weathering effect, make it natural.

repeat step 3 to 5 until you are satisfied.

Bad English :bandhead2:

366724220130828143552080.jpg

366724220130828143721094.jpg

FINAL LOOK AFTER WASH

Outstanding. .........really wish I had painting skills like yours. Out of curiosity, did you use the salt weathering technique to achieve your results? I've seen good and bad results with that technique so I'm wondering if it's actually necessary to achieve results like yours.

Outstanding. .........really wish I had painting skills like yours. Out of curiosity, did you use the salt weathering technique to achieve your results? I've seen good and bad results with that technique so I'm wondering if it's actually necessary to achieve results like yours.

I didn't use the salt weathering, only use my iwata 0.2mm airbrush to get this results.