June 2013 Release Wolfpak Decals

Gents:

Here’s the next release from Wolfpak Decals:

Sheet 72-060:

A-6A of VA-35, the black Panthers from the Vietnam War, options to mark one of two versions of a 356th TFS A-7D from the same period, a MQ-9 of 29th ATKS from last fall, an early F-15A of the 8th TFS, Black Sheep, 49th TFW, a UH-1H that participated in the evacuation of Saigon, a CH-3B used for satellite capsule retrieval and rescue missions in Hawaii and a F-4B assigned to VMFA-314 at Chu Lai during 1968.

Sheet 72-061:

A F/A-18A+, VFA-201 from OIF, a RF-4C from the 12th TRS, Tan Son Nhut in 1968 with kangaroo markings from a Aussie exchange pilot, a F-14A from VF-191, another F-4 only this one an early “D†model armed with AIM-4D’s and no IR bulge under the nose, a RF-8G of VFP-63 and a VF-191 F-8E MIG killer from 1968.

Sheets should be on sale in a week or so.

Mark S.

SHT72-060ColorInstructions.jpg

SHT72-061ColorInstructions.jpg

cool subjects, again, I am glad to see an RF-8G, very glad you didn't change the Black Knights to Black (a lot of people mess that up),,,,,,and very glad to see F-4D 7466 in modern decals,,,,,all the very old AMT sheets I have are no longer usable

nice, you hit my interest with 2 schemes on the first sheet,,,,,,and all of the second one

MArk, excellent as always. I have a question, shouldn't the A-7D 70-0970 be 354 TFW 355TFS Mrytle Bach AFB Tail code MB Nov 7, 1971. And 70-0959 be 354TFS 355TFW Korat Korat RTAB tailcode MN? I lived in Wilmington, NC at the time and remeber seeing MB A-7D from Mrytle beach come thru there. MB was the 354TFW IIRC.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne:

Thanks for your interest.

No, the MN code came first. Initially each squadron had a unique code but before deployment they changed to centralized maintenance and a single wing tail code.

In addition to the "MN" code there were squadrons with "MR" and "MB" tail codes.

FWIW I work from photos with credits to reduce erroneous markings.

Mark

Thanks, Mark for your reply. I mainly remembered the MB tailcode for the 354TFW. I also remember the individual squadron codes. Just couldn't remember when the change took effect. I have seen 4TFW aircraft in SA, SB and SC codes before SJ was started.

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting subjects.

I especially like the USAF CH-3B.....a rare bird indeed.

My knowledge of helo kits is very limited,so which kit would be best for this option?.....Also do the instructions list what airframe changes the modeler needs to a accurate CH-3B