Mighty 1:32 Tamiya F-15E Strike Eagle

c96c9c3b-cf4b-46ae-85b6-28a861a5af91_zpsd804c7e8.jpg

f56aaca2-baf8-4d38-8ce8-1718f821f6af_zps86750d2d.jpg

Decided to give a little attention to the sidewall's. Just added the floodlight's and the canopy jettison lever's.... Nothing major, since this most likely will not be seen anyway.

063037d0-64a9-465a-b488-48de8c403c36_zps240773d8.jpg

616b38f5-dec6-4bfe-87d5-01c338ca850b_zps9524f3dc.jpg

BTW, if anyone has pics of the front IP coaming it would be much appreciated! So there you have it... I haven't abandoned the Mudhen, but it's the first time since I started modeling that I just needed to take a break! I would sit down and look at the O2 hoses for about a minute and decide i wasn't in the mood.... Good thing this is a hobby, and not a job.... Thanks for tuning in, if it weren't for these forums I'm not sure if i could ever finish a project like this!

/Jesse

VERY cool Jesse! I don't do "little men", partly because my canopies are always open and also because they look like a HUGE amount of extra work. They look terrific and with the canopy closed, even better. 70.gif

Thanks Chuck! Yer a smart man, opting out of the "little men" duty! My next build will NOT include the pilot's, I've had enough of these guy's for an eternity :lol:/>

jaw-dropping.gifjaw-dropping.gif WOW is all I can say

Thanks USMC6094 I appreciate yer feedback sir!

Nice job.

Steve

Thank you Steve :D/>

Great work, Jesse! I'm really impressed with how this is turning out!

The oxygen hose is an old bronze guitar string.

What gauge/size is that guitar string? Let me guess, G-string? xn9ahv.gif

But, seriously, what gauge string? Thanks!

Rich

very good job jesse! i'll take this as a reference w00t.gif/>

Patrick

Cheers Patrick! I am flattered that you will use this as a reference 70.gif

Very good work job man w00t.gifw00t.gif keep going

Thank you black_widow! I will keep pushing on :rolleyes:/>

Great work, Jesse! I'm really impressed with how this is turning out!

What gauge/size is that guitar string? Let me guess, G-string? xn9ahv.gif

But, seriously, what gauge string? Thanks!

Rich

Hello Rich, thanks for yer warm comments! LOL I'm sure the musician (Fred) that donated these strings would know.... All I know is this particular string is a .033 inch diameter bronze round-wound acoustic string. I was torn between this or the .041 in. but I think it looks just fine as is. He also donated steel strings, but it was impossible to pull the center core wire out :explode:/>.

Really impressive, Jesse! You're making those doods come to life, must be one of the hardest modelling challenges.

70.gif

Marcel

Thanks Marcel, good to hear from you! Believe me brother, this was a HUGE test of patience and determination. I'm ecstatic that the pilot's are finished dry.gif

/Jesse

woo.gif271.gifjaw-dropping.gifjaw-dropping.gif Yeah um... i got nothing lol... Fantastic work

Thanks for yer kindness Torn! And welcome back to the hobby, looking forward to yer Super Hornet build.

Lookin good Jesse! Way to keep plugging along.

Thanks Mike, I hope this doesn't turn into one of those life long projects ;)/>

wow, the cockpits and crew look like 1:1, fantastic work!

I appreciate that Ken! Just checked out yer website, those are some stunning photographs :thumbsup:/>

jaw-dropping.gifjaw-dropping.gif377.gif377.gif Hey Jess ya better give that backseater a towel...he's starting to sweat...well that's what it looks like to me whistle.gifbiggrin.gif

Thank you Clif :woot.gif:/> I think he's looking a little green, prolly a journalist :rolleyes:/>

/Jesse

Here we go... Snow is flying like crazy outside, so I have a great excuse to spend time with my Mudhen :woot.gif:/>

Finished up the sidewalls. I would normally spend more time on weathering, but this area will NOT be visible once the canopy is attached...

02a87063-3078-4ae5-b044-867a706afe04_zps846bc383.jpg

For the flood lights, I used some bluish iridescent "oragami" paper that I found at Michael's last weekend. Great stuff and it comes in greenish, pinkish, bluish and yellowish :rolleyes:/>

75d8568c-6a09-49af-aa26-24d1ca585f1f_zpsfcc7a51d.jpg

The wizzo's IP coaming is finished and installed. I also added the trim piece for the leading edge of the coaming. I opted NOT to super detail the mechanical parts of the coaming, simply because once the canopy bridge is installed, the detail would NOT be seen.

5ac02134-fef7-4799-bb7e-3df0f8e50a30_zpsee8df244.jpg

I shamelessly borrowed this idea from linus' 48th Mudhen WIP, I hope he doesn't mind :whistle:/> . I decided to add 2 gold "mirror's" inside of the HUD housing to try & add some depth... Basically it's 2 small piece's of .015 card with gold film glued to the face's to represent the mirror's.

40b8c8ce-e14a-41ee-961c-35624d6199e2_zpsb33339fc.jpg

8ec4228e-33b6-4eab-a4ea-c202498a5c5f_zps69886c65.jpg

Continued....

In this photo, the HUD glass is installed. I should say that this is my 2nd attempt at getting the iridescent film glued satisfactorily doh.gif/> My first attempt I tried to use Tamiya thin cement to glue the film in place...... Bad idea!!! The HUD glass being rounded resulting in a wrinkly mess of film and melted glass BANGHEAD2.jpg/> I decided to just dip the film in Future and only glue the outside circumference of the film to the glass..... It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it especially when seeing it 1:1 rather than under a microscope rolleyes.gif/>

2edd0d22-9e3f-4e3f-864f-49b83d5979cb_zps8aa0ef74.jpg

So many purty color's at multiple angles...

0d5cc22b-b615-4132-8d53-26f07005f165_zps3be381d1.jpg

7a7c2331-de44-4f5d-9fa2-3c357e7046fd_zps01ced500.jpg

672b2c88-6b2e-43f5-b42e-8d71f3fee72d_zps57e58deb.jpg

78703244-a919-4155-b7e0-d485e27f69ef_zps02e18de4.jpg

Next will be the canopy frame mods and details. If anyone out there has any pics of the top side of the canopy & frame, it would really help me out 70.gif/>

Thanks for yer comments and continued interest 271.gif/>

/Jesse

Edited by JesniF-16

Looks good to me and remember, the macro lens is "not" our friend. Even in 32nd scale, a lot is hard to see with the naked eye.

Thanks E... The close-ups really do keep us all in check ;)/>

Great effect, looks good from here. Are these films the Hasegawa one's ?

Steve

Thanks Steve! The iridescent film is sold at Michaels or Hobby Lobby in a roll, sort of like gift wrap.

/Jesse

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! Those pilots are incredible. I personally love doing pilots especially 2 pilot jets. I haven't ever done that level of detailing, cause I didn't know how but soon I am hoping that I will have the supplies needed to do that with. If I were your teacher and this was something I was grading I would give you 100% for the pilots, and give you an extra 50% for the level of detail. Awesome work Jesse! I really need to get some of that film cause I'm sure you could use it for other things on models right? Sorry I don't know. Good to know that the Future dip worked on those and then just needing a bit of glue on the edges to really secure it. Thanks for showing us, cant wait for the next update Jesse, keep going!

Hey Jesse, if you ever need help on anything I'm just a stones throw away from you up here in Point. Please don't keep us hangin from your next post, this is really getting exciting!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! Those pilots are incredible. I personally love doing pilots especially 2 pilot jets. I haven't ever done that level of detailing, cause I didn't know how but soon I am hoping that I will have the supplies needed to do that with. If I were your teacher and this was something I was grading I would give you 100% for the pilots, and give you an extra 50% for the level of detail. Awesome work Jesse! I really need to get some of that film cause I'm sure you could use it for other things on models right? Sorry I don't know. Good to know that the Future dip worked on those and then just needing a bit of glue on the edges to really secure it. Thanks for showing us, cant wait for the next update Jesse, keep going!

Hey Jesse, if you ever need help on anything I'm just a stones throw away from you up here in Point. Please don't keep us hangin from your next post, this is really getting exciting!

Thanks neighbor 70.gif/> Just to clarify, the iridescent film is dipped in Future which is then placed onto the glass and that's it.... No glue required.

very creative Jesse, looks great!

Thanks Ken, I am happy with the results of the cockpit & I'm VERY happy that it's finished w00t.gif/>

Fantastic work on the pit! Where did you get that iridescent film btw?

Hi Janne great to hear from you sir! It is sold at Michaels and Hobby Lobby in the US, which are like arts & craft supermarkets. It comes in a large roll, kinda like gift wrap....

/Jesse

Edited by JesniF-16

I shamelessly borrowed this idea from linus' 48th Mudhen WIP, I hope he doesn't mind :whistle:/>/>/> . I decided to add 2 gold "mirror's" inside of the HUD housing to try & add some depth... Basically it's 2 small piece's of .015 card with gold film glued to the face's to represent the mirror's.

40b8c8ce-e14a-41ee-961c-35624d6199e2_zpsb33339fc.jpg

[

haha nope i'm not okay with this. i specifically posted the tutorial on how i did it so that no one else would do it! haha . No way man. I think this is going to look way cooler in the larger scale. I'm excited to see how this is going to turn out!

Edited by .linus

Next will be the canopy frame mods and details. If anyone out there has any pics of the top side of the canopy & frame, it would really help me out

Hey man here are some photos that I used, hope this helps

http://www.mjaviation.co.uk/LN2011/LNgallery11.htm

http://www.mjaviation.co.uk/2011Gallery/2011GalleryPic104.htm

By the way look through the low level gallery, and there are a lot of shots from mach loop of the top side if the aircraft and some close ups of the cockpit area. These were the best photos I was able to find.

Edited by .linus