WnW Fokker DVII Decal Issue

I am building the WnW Fokker D7 (Alb), option D (Hermann Pritsch, Jasta 17). I've applied the fuselage and lower wing decals and sat back to admire my work when I noticed a distinct difference in the losenge pattern between the fuselage and wings. The wing has 5 colors, but the fuselage has 4.

Is that normal, or is there a mistake in the decal call outs? Just wondering...I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it at this point, but I am curious.

If you have the kit, you need to see the lozenge instructions on their website. A friend didn't and tried to use the standard approach with decal setting solution....it doesn't work very well. WnW tell you to use a hair dryer and it works fantastic. I recommend applying the lower surfaces first because the edges of the upper surfaces will wrap down and over the bottom very nicely.

So far it's a great kit (as expected)....

Cheers!

Paul

I am building the WnW Fokker D7 (Alb), option D (Hermann Pritsch, Jasta 17). I've applied the fuselage and lower wing decals and sat back to admire my work when I noticed a distinct difference in the losenge pattern between the fuselage and wings. The wing has 5 colors, but the fuselage has 4.

Is that normal, or is there a mistake in the decal call outs? Just wondering...I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it at this point, but I am curious.

If you have the kit, you need to see the lozenge instructions on their website. A friend didn't and tried to use the standard approach with decal setting solution....it doesn't work very well. WnW tell you to use a hair dryer and it works fantastic. I recommend applying the lower surfaces first because the edges of the upper surfaces will wrap down and over the bottom very nicely.

So far it's a great kit (as expected)....

Cheers!

Paul

I'm too lazy to pull the instructions from my kit but will be following you shortly. I'm doing option B "Nickchen IV", build log is here if you are interested:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=263972.

Just need to button up the fuselage and I'll be starting the lozenge decals as well. I'll have to remember the hair dryer trick.

Regarding your questions, I read that many times the fuselage and wings were fabricated at different factories, or damaged wings were replaced by ones from a different factory. Any of which could account for the difference in lozenge styles. If WNW specifically called out for the 4 & 5 color lozenge, I'm assuming they picked up the difference during their research.

Are you going replicate the brown tinted overcoat? If so, please post some pics, I'd really like to see how it comes out.

Regards,

John

I am doing the brown tint....the decals look too bright out of the box. I'll try posting when I do it. I like your build so far...looking forward to the rest of it! I figure if it wasn't a mistake by WNW then I would trust their research, and your explanation makes sense...

Thanks!!

Paul