avengers help

OK so i got a very good deal on the accurate miniatures white box kit that has 2 kits in it so you can build a TBM-3 and a TBF-1c so my question with this i kit is which parts do i use and which ones do i not use because like on the clear parts tree there are 2 dashboards and as for the tbm-3 i want to build the flight lead in flight 19 so was that avenger a normal one or was it different like did it have the ads radar on the wing? and dose and body have any good pictures of the interior so i know what it should look like with all of those box's and wires like that are on the sides of the front fuselage?

According to what I have read in my Accurate Miniatures instruction manual. FT-28 was a standard TMB-3. It had the Yagi Antenna under the wings as well. Also they claim the wing guns would have been sealed off as well as the possibility of no ventral gun. My kit is for a TBF-1C and it calls for part 65 for the instrument panel so I would assume that maybe the other part is for a TMB-3. I really don't have any color photos for the Avenger but I did find this http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/nnam/virtualtour/#MUSEUM/COCKPITS/TBM/TBM You can see that the cockpit was repainted mostly in black at one point in time but the original green is beginning to show through. I can't help with the exact color green though since I don't know much on interior colors.

Edited by nerdling

There is only one known photo of FT-28 from flight 19, and it is NOT a -3. It's a -1C- the photo shows that it has only the upper cowling scoop not two (upper and lower) that were characteristic of the -3. I also don't remember the wing guns being sealed/taped over in the photo either.

There is only one known photo of FT-28 from flight 19, and it is NOT a -3. It's a -1C- the photo shows that it has only the upper cowling scoop not two (upper and lower) that were characteristic of the -3. I also don't remember the wing guns being sealed/taped over in the photo either.

Sorry according to the navy accident report FT-28 was indeed an TBM-3 http://fly.historicwings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/HighFlight-Flight19-5.jpg

I did some research, and must post a retraction. BuNo 23307 was the only -3 in the flight according to what I found.

http://www.kilroywashere.org/007-Pages/07-Flight19-Fabrice.html

This link is mentioned in the Super Scale decal sheet for Flight 19. Toward the top is a closeup from the photo that I mentioned of FT-28. Because of the BuNo and the report that Nerdling posted there is no doubt that the FT-28 of Flight 19 was a -3, so the most I can say is that the photo is of a different aircraft. There are a couple of other photos in the link of different Avengers from the same squadron and it provides a good idea of the paint and markings. It does appear that there is a gun in the turret, but the wing guns are hard to make out.

Edited by chriss7606

Thank you very much for asking- I do really appreciate it. I am just fine, but the tornado that destroyed a significant part of Moore was too close in more ways than one. I am exactly one mile from ground zero, and I knew one of the people who was killed.