CD48035 & 48036: ANG F-4C/D Phantoms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Viperguy said:

I am still waiting for F4D's from the NJANG. Every decal manufacturer does the other guys but NO ONE has done the NJANG.

I think the 108th could support a whole F-4 sheet on its own.  

three types of tigers for the E models: full color, orange and low viz.  Grey schemes, euro one and SEA wrap around (I think.)

F-4D’s in SEA and Euro one….

it’s a good subject, not to mention the other airplanes that unit has flown through its history, F-47D’s, F-51D’s and H’s, F-86E, F-84F (still waiting for that mode Richard Bach markings!) F-86H, F-105B, KC-135’s.

I have a slowly expanding mini collection of slides of 108th F-4’s, I can pass along scans if it would help Kursad.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:00 AM, Viperguy said:

Every decal manufacturer does the other guys but NO ONE has done the NJANG.

Speedhuntergraphics did those markings. For F-4E, however same as for the F-4D hence easy to adapt as needed. 

5 hours ago, Niels said:

Speedhuntergraphics did those markings. For F-4E, however same as for the F-4D hence easy to adapt as needed. 

only only did two versions of the tiger markings.  Plus that sheet is sold out.  

there is plenty of room for Caracal’s take on this subject.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, Corey said:

I think the 108th could support a whole F-4 sheet on its own.  

three types of tigers for the E models: full color, orange and low viz.  Grey schemes, euro one and SEA wrap around (I think.)

F-4D’s in SEA and Euro one….

it’s a good subject, not to mention the other airplanes that unit has flown through its history, F-47D’s, F-51D’s and H’s, F-86E, F-84F (still waiting for that mode Richard Bach markings!) F-86H, F-105B, KC-135’s.

I have a slowly expanding mini collection of slides of 108th F-4’s, I can pass along scans if it would help Kursad.

Corey,

I've counted at least 5 different versions of the tiger head on F-4Es in Don Logan's book on AFRES and ANG F-4s.

Cheers

Phil

• 11 months later...

This being a reprint, I did not change anything in the design of the existing sheets. But I am considering another ANG F-4C/D sheet with many of the options I had to skip earlier. As for NJ ANG aircraft - these will appear on a new series of F-4E / RF-4C / F-4G sheets that are coming in the next few months.

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Any chance of offering the second "common markings" sheet as a separate sheet in your Basics line?

adcgrey_phantoms_common.jpg

I second and third habu2's motion for both 1/48 & 1/72 scale.

9 hours ago, KursadA said:

This being a reprint, I did not change anything in the design of the existing sheets. But I am considering another ANG F-4C/D sheet with many of the options I had to skip earlier. As for NJ ANG aircraft - these will appear on a new series of F-4E / RF-4C / F-4G sheets that are coming in the next few months.

Outstanding news!!! I can't wait to see what you have in store!! Have a Meng E on it's way that will look phabulous in my home state NJ markings!!

On 5/9/2023 at 1:14 PM, habu2 said:

Any chance of offering the second "common markings" sheet as a separate sheet in your Basics line?

I have modified this sheet by adding markings needed for camouflaged aircraft, RF-4C / F-4G etc.  It will be included in the reprinted CD48035/CD48036 and the upcoming RF-4C sheet, as well as the F-4E and F-4G sheets I am working on. It will be available as a Basics product soon afterwards.