I don't know the exact term for it, but it's dark and it's blue. Almost black, in some light. Dark Sea Blue with a tiny bit of black may do the trick.

model-master-enamel-dark-sea-blue-fs15042.jpg

The dress blue "alpha" and "bravo" uniforms are a black jacket with blue trousers. Depending on the rank of the Marine, the trousers have a red "blood stripe" on the outside of each leg. The blue that Exhausted shows looks pretty accurate for the trousers.

I am doing a bust of a Gunny Sargent Marine, so the jacket would be black? Thanks.

Wayne Beattie

Yes sir! There is also red piping on the jacket. If his cover (his hat) is also included in the bust, the emblem on the front is solid gold.

I thought that only the "evening" jackets and pants were black and the Dress Blues jackets were actually midnight blue. To me they look black, but I'm always the one who has one midnight blue sock on and one black sock on cause I couldn't tell the difference. But I am pretty sure the actual color is midnight blue. For a figure model, even if it was black I would use a dark blue for the highlights anyway since black on a model always appears to dark imho.

Bill

Edited by niart17
  • 1 month later...