AH-1G in service with US NAVY

With new MPM kit on the way I´ve started to look after the NAVY machine and found the only Picture of such chopper on some usntps alumni page. So my question is - is it true or is it some kind of joke? The some for G in service with Marines. Would someone find more pictures? Any help would be kindly appreciated.

db_ah-1g1.jpg

db_ah-1g-11.jpg

4561393337_1a93a2b7d9_z.jpg

In white letters in front of the Star n Bars on that first Cobra are the words US Navy Test Pilot School. So yes, this appears to be authentic but not common. Maybe just a one off for evaluation but in regular service.

Jeff

Since the Marines are a component of the United States Department of the Navy, a lot of Marines-only aircraft have been operated by Navy test and evaluation units - the AV-8, A-4M...

HTH,

Andre

I would say the picture is legitimate but that it is a one off AH-1G operated by the USN Test Pilot school as is painted beneath the canopy.

The USNTPS keeps a wide variety of aircraft and helicopters in its inventory. As an example, they currently operate a few UH-72s...however that is not a helicopter flown by regular Navy squadrons in service. They also have a late model Cobra or two down on the line not necessarily flown just by Marine pilots.