A-10 Thunderbolt II Group build

I would love to join this, but don't have an A-10 right now. If, RL depending, I can scrape funds together for a kit in time I'd join in an instant.

This may be the motivation I need. I already have the kit, PE and decals..and I know exactly which aircraft I want to do..

A-10BCDamage.jpg

Sadly, our A-10s were transferred to another unit a few years ago, and now our guard base just has some military Learjets..those will soon be gone as well, and our base will just be used for drone control. When the 110th was getting rid of all the Hog related stuff, they found the damaged engine cowl was still laying around..so it was "restored" and donated to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo.

IMG_9467.jpg

SN

Rules aren't set yet, but I'd say cockpit done is allowed, or armament done is ok... Also no what-ifs are allowed but I'd say I would bend a rule a bit and allow it for the N/AW version if anyone fancies doing it.

I'll be building the bird, that got hit over Kosovo.

I may (yet again) join in this GB, and actually TRY to finish a build for a change!

Will probably use my Italeri bird with bits and bobs from around. Have an RM model that may donate some stuff too.

I will also try to fit a blackbox or verlinden pit in there, as I have those around!

Cheers

H.

Rules aren't set yet, but I'd say cockpit done is allowed, or armament done is ok... Also no what-ifs are allowed but I'd say I would bend a rule a bit and allow it for the N/AW version if anyone fancies doing it.

I'll be building the bird, that got hit over Kosovo.

Bummer, I was contemplating building a firehog. There was a proposal in the late 90s to convert A-10s into firefighting airtankers. There may have been a prototype but the idea never went anywhere, so pretty much what if territory.

I've seen some concept renderings of the Firehog, but I don't think it ever reached prototype stage, as the USAF was unwilling to surplus a flyable aircraft. Personally, I've always wanted to build a Whiffer A-10 crop duster (Ag-Hog?)

SN

• 4 weeks later...