Eduard 1/48 Royal Class Spitfire

US $106.25. For a 1/48 single engined WWII fighter kit.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What are they putting in the tap water in the Czech Republic these days? Or maybe they're growing something out in the back garden at Eduard?

But it's 2 kits, a Spitfire Stein and just about all the extra PE and Brassin you can muster for these kits...

For both of the kits. As shown in the instructions, it also include early C-, late C-, and E-type wings. IMO, it's a good deal when you consider 1/48 Spitfire plastic is going for $19-$26 in a quick Sprue Bros scan...

minus $25 value PER flap set, say $12 value PER interior PE, $8 value for each set of wheels, $7 value PER slipper tank, PLUS the glass, PLUS the super extensive decal sheet...

if you're an aftermarket person, this is a good deal....just IMHHHHHO

US $106.25. For a 1/48 single engined WWII fighter kit.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What are they putting in the tap water in the Czech Republic these days? Or maybe they're growing something out in the back garden at Eduard?

The purchase of individual items (2x Mk IXc overtress, 2x Brassin Wheels, etc) at Eduard store ammounts to US$ 151,50, WITHOUT DECALS!

Edited by caiotfjr

Hey, where is problem ? I look at Eduard's web page and Royal Class cost 86USD,not 106USD (1700CZK). You have a double profipack, with parts for ALL versions of Spitfire Mk. IX (double !!!), P.E., brassin whells and beer barrels, masks.... And decals for 14 markings... And is here a another limited edition - Naši se vracejí (Our boys returning) and here you have the same content (without beer barrels and glass) for the same price, is also available two types of slipper tanks and decals for 38 (!!!!!!) aircrafts !!!! Yes, thirty eight marking versions ! For 86 USD... I don't know - when Hasegawa relased an limited edition with parts for one aircraft (plastic only) with japanese "fat" decals and can for this kit 50-80 USD - this is OK (Liberator Coastal Command is for this price.)and Eduard failed ? Strange... I can bought both L.E., OverTrees plastic are here in Czech very cheap (15USD) and Cartograf decals for 52 Spitfires MK. IX - ehm....Are you sure it is a bad choice for 172 USD ? I'm not. Who made after Eduard PURE Mk. IXc or Mk. IXe ??! Nobody...

I look for price of Hasegawa Spitfire - cost 50USD (without P.E., masks, resin, and Cartograf decals) - and it is a ONE kit with three decals version in two variants... http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/has07321.htm

Yes, i'am a Eduard's fan - but i my opinion is price for both L.E. acceptable...

Edited by AlCZ

In this case - wait for US shops, no ? I look at price on Sprue Brothers and are little high as here in Prague, but acceptable-difference is 10USD max... This not too much... On HLJ is price of new Corsair from Tamiya 78Euro and expected price on czech e-shop is 140 USD... This is tax for import...

For what's in the box, the price looks good.

For someone who just wants 2.5 Spit IX's, it's more than a little pricey. But there's a lot more than 2.5 Spit IX's in this box.

Most interesting to me is the fact we should have a spare set of wings out of the deal. Just the thing to cross-kit with an Airfix XIX to get a XIVc or XIVe.

"ARC AIR are pleased to announce the arrival of this month's scheduled 'Jennings Hates Eduard' Thread".

Vince

I wish there was a like button on here because that is just great Vince.

Jennings do you actually have any teeth left from all the teeth gnashing you do over everything that offends you or makes you angry in some way?

What is 2.5 spitfire ? One half - wings ??? :)/>/>

You get two spitfires, but 3 sets of wings (early IXc, late IXc, IXe) so you're half a spitfire away from a third. It's similar to Airfix's 1.5 Spitfire kits (the Seafire XVII, 46/47, Spitfire Vc and IXc/XVIe kits all have extra wings).

Edited by mawz

Jennings seems to have a dislike of Eduard ,... hence the trolling

FWIW I think, considering it's also aimed at collectors (with the Glass Stein), the price isn't that unreasonable

FWIW I think, considering it's also aimed at collectors (with the Glass Stein), the price isn't that unreasonable

Eduard's price is very competitive, for the diference between 2 kits with all the parts added (you have to source the decals yourself) and the Royal Ed one can buy another Profipack kit

I look at it this way. You can buy Johnnie Walker Red Label for £20, and have a lot of fun with it, or you can buy Johnnie Walker Blue Label for £130 and either keep it as a collector's item, or have a lot of fun with it.

Vince