Hallo. This is not only my first Group Build, but also my first attempt in managing a topic... I hope that everything will be fine!

The kit I chose is the Tamiya F4U-1D.

A picture of the box and the trees:

1_zps503275f2.jpg

In the cockpit, I added some seat belts from Eduard

2_zpse4b5af3a.jpg

4_zps447e48fc.jpg

I tried to enhance the engine adding some cables

3_zpsa5f9a356.jpg

Today I glued the fuselage and wings halves. It's time for putty and sanding... (fit is almost perfect, it will not take a long time).

That is probably the best OOB cockpit I have ever seen! Really well done! I love those Airscale decals (I tried to get them to sponsor this group build but they wouldn't bite!)

Keep it up - I would love to see more.

• 1 month later...

Thank everybody for the compliments! I think that the photoetched seatbelts and Airscale decals (CorsairMan, you're right, they are great!!!) help to achieve a more realistic result.

I apologize for not replying before to the posts, but I had to work really hard in the last two months. I could hardly find some times to carry on working on the Corsair.

I'm sorry I could not add more in-progress photos. This evening I finished the model, but I have to wait until saturday totake some photos of it during the day. However, before starting the final assembling, I took the folowing images. Hope you like them, even if their quality is not very good...!!!

Fabio

5_zpsd1b3ae14.jpg

6_zps8ae7d6bf.jpg

7_zps46352a49.jpg

8_zpsc399d34d.jpg

Edited by Flag79