1/48 Monogram F-4D Phantom-North Dakota ANG

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share one of my latest builds with you. This is Monogram's F-4C/D Phantom, built as a D from the North Dakota ANG. What attracted me to this particular aircraft was the fact that it wore the SEA camo scheme. Usually when one thinks of a North Dakota ANG Phantom, one usually thinks of the Air Defence Grey scheme....so I thought I'd be a bit different.

All of the raised panel lines were sanded off and scribed. The decals are a mix of old Microscale decal sheets as well as kit decals from Hasegawa. The model was given a wash of artists oils thinned with turpenoid. All of the paint used was from Gunze and the camo on top was all applied freehand. Extra stuff that I included was an AIM-9 from the Academy F-4B kit and a travel pod from a Hasegawa F-16.

_MG_4923_zpsc9be7401.jpg

_MG_4926_zpsb00ac6ff.jpg

_MG_4925_zpsf65b7285.jpg

_MG_4924_zpsfbaf8335.jpg

All in all, this is one of my best builds to date, especially the paint.

I even went a step further and put together a few other things so I could display the Phantom as part of a diorama.

_MG_4921_zps76fce3c7.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Colin K

Dude, you need to enter that in a contest just for grins and giggles. I'll bet it takes home a prize. Really nice and the camo is awesome!

Thanks! Yeah, it's been a few years since I've entered any contests.....thinking of changing that next year.