After quite a while I am back in the game. I moved to another part of the country and got myself a brand new cave.

Gennep-20130331-00273.jpg

Gennep-20130331-00272.jpg

So now it is Mustang time. I have the Trumpeteer kit in my stash and it will do just the trick, I know that there are quite some issues with this kit but I will go with what the kit has to offer, no aftermarket adventures planned just straight out of the box.

P5130786.jpg

I want to make a plane with the Malcom hood but not sure yet which one, pictures are most welcome! Right now I am in the process of filling a truckload of rivits, a slow but hopefully rewarding job. A lot of subassembly's are done but not much to show for yet.

P5300792.jpg

P5300793.jpg

I am not a fast builder so this will take some time.

Thanks for looking

Rick.

Ding Hao wore a Malcolm hood later in its career, so this might be an option if you want a classic OD/NG USAAF finish, I've got this lined up in 1/72. From a quick google search the marking between the two were little different & Colonel Howard with his Ding Hao would make a thouroughly worthy subject imho.

Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

Middle in the proces of filling rivets and panel lines.

P6240001.jpg

P6240003.jpg

Not very happy with the topwing so I need to give that another coat of mr. Surfacer.

While cleaning up the attic I found a dtailset from J. Rutman. Although designed for the Revell kit it looks a lot better than the cockpit Trumpeter provides. So out goes the Trumpeter parts and the carving starts for the aftermarket. So far OOB I am afraid...

P6170001.jpg

P6170003.jpg

P6230009.jpg

P6230010.jpg

P6230011.jpg

Back to the sanding....

Rick.