Ross,

MY deepest condolences firm ME and MY MOM. :pray: :pray:

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Hope you and yours get through this sad times peacefully. :salute:

No matter How old we get losing ones parent is quite hard .

I lost MY Father when I was younger and although good times are remembered its still hurts.

I hope you take care of yourself and look after your health .its so easy to forget to do that at a time like this.

May you Mom Rest In Peace and surf the silver skies watching over you.

If there is anything we can do let us know.

HOLMES. :salute:

My deepest condolences and sympathies to you, your family, and friends of both you and your dear departed mother. My good friend may the solace and comfort of family and close friends be with you and aid you in a most difficult time.

Ross,

I was thinking this same thing when I was on the phone with my Mom as I drove my territory for my cleints. We talk all the time, it will be a tough hard process. You have my family and my own prayers sent to you. Some of us on here think of each and every ARC'er as our brothers and sisters....

I am truly sorry and will be keeping you in my thoughts, Brother.

Be strong, and teach people now of the legacy your Mom has left behind.

-Jim

I'm very sorry to hear this Ross. This is one of those experiences we never want to endure. You and her were very lucky to be together when she passed.....that is the hope of every parent. Parents are here when we enter this world....and with luck the kids will be there when the parents leave this world.

Take care of yourself......enjoy life....make each moment count.

:D, Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and kind words of encouragement at this time. I only just made it but she wouldn't have known I was there; she'd fallen unconscious a few seconds before hand. No, it's never easy but I have a lot of relatives and good friends around me (including my ARC friends).

On my way home this afternoon I got a call from the former Nursing Unit Manager of the Falls Unit at John Hunter Hospital where Mum was a volunteer until about a year before she had to go into care, and I have really huge shoes to fill. Mum was such a tiny lady but she had huge shoes on her feet. We chatted for must have been half an hour or more (mobile to mobile, hate to think what the John's mobile bill will be this month). I'm getting calls and texts from people all over the place and of course posts on here. It's all a great help and I thank you all my good friends.

The funeral isn't until Thursday 13th of June, mainly because the church Mum wanted to be buried from couldn't arrange it until then. But that also means I don't have to rush to put all the arrangements in place, this weekend is a long weekend in NSW.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Ross,

Will be thinking of you on June13th.

I am sure it will be a somber serene day for you but just remember the happy good times you have shared with your Mom.

Being of a different Faith We believe that by talking about our loved ones we have lost gladdens the heart and makes you feel peaceful inside.

She is and will be with you in heart no matter what.

:salute:

Ross,

We believe that by talking about our loved ones we have lost gladdens the heart and makes you feel peaceful inside.

She is and will be with you in heart no matter what.

:salute:

As long as we keep them in our memory...they are never gone...just away for a bit.

Thank you all for your kind and wonderful thoughts, words and prayers. I laid Mum to rest today. She is no longer suffering the ravages of age; no longer struggling for breath and is now at rest with my Dad. You guys are right. I do feel lost but this man's life goes on. Now I just have to master this photobucket thing and I'll be posting photos again.

Ross.

My condolences Ross

Good that you could be there.

My father died suddenly in 1992 when my brother & I were living in the UK & we hadn't seen him for almost 3yrs. What was worse, my mother was on a plane to the UK to see us when he died & we had to tell her at the airport when she landed.

Thank you Jay and Thommo.

Jay, yes she was a remarkable person. She grew up during that difficult time we call the Depression and WW2. People back then didn't complain, they just got on with it and made the best of what little most of them had. And look at us today. People diealling 000 or 911 because they want a pizza delivered (yes it's happened here too). She knew how to be frugal yet comfortable and her meals were to die for. Her baked dinners and pavlovas (an iconic Aussie dessert) were commented on by all who knew her today. And her chocolate sponge cakes and fruit cakes and Christmas puddings. I should stop no or I'll go on eulogizing her all night.

Thommo, what a horrible thing to have to do. It must have been terrible for you and your brother but incredibly hard for your Mum. I'm sorry to hear that you all had to go through that time. I look at this time as a time of strengthening and growth in my life. What's around the corner? Who knows? But I know I had a good strong upbringing from both my parents who both had a bit of a stubborn streak in them which has rubbed off onto me. Now I just have to use that streak for good for others and myself but mainly for others.

Ross.

My heart is with you. I lost my dad suddenly back in October 1999 and l have missed him ever since. We been lucky, Mom is 89 and in good health. My oldest daughter counts herself lucky that she been able to see her graduate from University and see her get married on the 8th of this month. My youngest daughter gets married sometime next year and we hope she still here for that. At my daughter's wedding on the 8th Mom was was up dancing a techno dance with all the women in our family , not bad for someone 89. But we all know she could live to be 100 or be gone the next day. So we spend as much time as we can with her. She loves her new grandson and we all going to the farm on the 30th to celebrate his baptismal.

We all know that feeling and as that saying goes "You do not miss the water until the well runs day"