Started another Phantom. A 1/72 one this time, and one of a country that wasn't represented in the GB yet. Spain.

The Spanish Air Force had a force of both F-4C's and RF-4C's, with the RF-4C's being retired not all that long ago, and the F-4C's with the arrival of the EF-18's. The F-4C's were used in both the Air to Ground and Air to Air role and were based at Torrejon airbase.

Mine will be built using the Hasegawa F-4C/D kit, Cobra Company exhausts and Series Espanolas decals.

Since I was getting close to painting the metal areas on my 1/48 F-4G, I decided to start this kit now, so I could paint both kits at the same time. That's why I started with the rear fuselage and wings, instead of the cockpit:

P6042361_zps82fb1849.jpg

Some plastic cut away to make room for the resin exhausts:

P6012353_zps714fcd0a.jpg

And some magnesium paint on the stabs:

P6042363_zps6b752ddc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, don't see many Spanish F-4C's built. Here's the one I will do: El clicko. They were never really exciting when it comes to markings, just the standard SEA scheme with a few badges, but it's something different.

• 1 month later...

With the deadline of this GB rapidly approaching, I need to speed up a little. So here's where I am now. Major parts glued together, cockpit in place, and some green painted on the intakes before it's hidden.

P7312839_zps28b17893.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...