It was looking forlorn on my shelf so I figured it was about time I built this humble kit.

Sanded off all the panel lines and personally I really don't miss them. Pretty much out of the box. Caracal decals, AIM-9Ms from Hasegawa, some Mike Grant decals on the instrument panel and a Master Model pitot tube.

100_5889.jpg

100_5885.jpg

100_5882.jpg

100_5880.jpg

100_5879.jpg

100_5877.jpg

100_5895.jpg

100_5900.jpg

The lack of panel lines looks very realistic! Nice work on it. Is the EGA decal realistic on that particular bird? It seems exhaust grunge would cover it after some flight hours.

A little artistic license with the EGA. It was used on the CO's plane (modex 1) but not on this one. I built this as a present for my sweetheart (who was a Marine as well) so I decided to keep it clean (no weathering) and slapped on the EGA because it looked cool.

A little artistic license with the EGA. It was used on the CO's plane (modex 1) but not on this one. I built this as a present for my sweetheart (who was a Marine as well) so I decided to keep it clean (no weathering) and slapped on the EGA because it looked cool.

R u both Marines? Just wondering because I did Pegasus maintenance until last year in Yuma/

Yeah, we were both jarheads at NAB Little Creek, VA in the late 70's. The AV-8B was still a few years off, that's why I did the "A" for her.

Very cool you working on them.

R u both Marines? Just wondering because I did Pegasus maintenance until last year in Yuma/

Edited by Major Kong