why why why?? what have i done here to get insulted on this forum

I just stood out in my front yard and talked with a lamp post for a good twenty minutes on how he could save electricity by just turning on the light when someone needed it.

Dumb@ss is still out there and will not turn off!

Stupid lamp post.

-Jim

OMG!!!!!!!! You're killing me!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

you got insulted because you are an idiot,,,,plain and simple

if you were not an idiot,,,,,,,you wouldn't change what people say in order to keep your outrage over a plastic model comment intact

I carefully typed out how an aircraft could get dirty, then photographed,,,,,,,,,,and then cleaned during normal maintenance cycles,,,,,,,,and you think that supports some theory that those aircraft were always dirty

ps,,,,,don't assume some great personal victory over getting me banned,,,,,,I am saying what I am thinking because I can't find any "unjoin the forum button",,,,,,so, if I feel secure in saying what I really think of your comprehension skills, since the "worst case" is that something will be done that I am trying to do anyway

hmmm... thanks for that mate - you did actually answer the title of the thread! by actually insulting me ! It took a few pages but it seems you answered my question. You backed me up with your own account and then even more irate over your very own comments ? Im real lost on that one but ho hey.

Seems to me there is a lot of hostility in the background. One of you is telling me to drop it? drop what? I had a look back over where I may have offended anyone - but I cant see how I did that? I thought this was model forum but it seems I have really rained on some of your parades here, or stepped on your sacred turf?

Anyway`s Im done here - basically I have found out you can post a well researched model, somebody then refutes the possibility that planes can get dirty based on there limited experience, then if you show your references -- they start throwing insults at you because they cant stomach it. Come on lighten up kids! This is supposed to be a fun hobby.

I am going to attempt this one more time,,,,,,without any insults, etc.

Here are three 1976 Skyhawk Mike facts

One,,,,,the paint was Gloss Light Gray Polyurethane 16440,,,,not the earlier Non Specular Light Gull Gray 36440,,,,,,I would be dishonest if I talked about 36440's durability, since I was in so late that I only played with the 16440,,,,that stuff was so durable that we could and did Re-Modex with a mop and a bucket of Lacquer thinner,,,and paint the Modexes with Black Lacquer

so, the paint was durable

the Red area under the slats was a "pinch point danger area",,,,,that is what the Red paint meant,,,,,,,so, Black stains from Hands, Gloves or Boot-Stomps would NOT be in there,,,,,and those slats closed at a very low airflow over the wing speed,,,,so, dust wouldn't just pile up in there from Flight,,,,,,they closed so easily that sometimes people would reach up and close one,,,just to watch gravity flop it back down

that worn and boot stomped area out past the fuel filler plug, and on out to the Vortex Generator area would not be walked on by a Marine or Sailor that wanted to keep any male name that his Gunny, or Staff Sgt called him by,,,,,,,those oval "markings" give away what that whole area is on a Skyhawk,,,,,you only went out a little bit from the walkways,,,there was nothing to do out on the wingtips during normal ops

I am sure that is what the other guys were talking about when they said the weathering wasn't accurate,,,and I agree with them,,,,even if we didn't have photos in print of 160028

(bonus 4th Skyhawk tidbit,,,,,,the answer to "what does a Marine do when he is idle?" is "A Marine is never allowed to just sit around,,,if there is nothing else to do, someone will order him to clean something")

I honestly figure you want to know these three things,,,,and if I had seen the post in critique corner,,,,,,I would have typed them out then,,,,,,,,I just didn't see your model until this thread in General Discussion