How about some P&W intakes and exhaust for 1/32 F-16's?

Fiddling around with some 1/32 F-16 kits, I have discovered that the only P&W intake and exhaust offerings for the F-16 was the now discontinued Thunderbird kit from Tamiya. And to make matters worse, Tamiya cannot keep the parts in stock due to eBay gouging. I know there are lots of F-16 kits on the market, so it would be a tough order to fill trying to make them all happy.

Just a thought.....

Fiddling around with some 1/32 F-16 kits, I have discovered that the only P&W intake and exhaust offerings for the F-16 was the now discontinued Thunderbird kit from Tamiya. And to make matters worse, Tamiya cannot keep the parts in stock due to eBay gouging. I know there are lots of F-16 kits on the market, so it would be a tough order to fill trying to make them all happy.

Just a thought.....

That, and I think a F-16A/B conversion kit for the Academy kits would also be very welcomed.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought.....

Scott, since I am the only one who has ever had the tamiya NSI intakes for auction offered on Ebay, I would guess your comments is directed in my direction. Well let me help you with a few facts. First, Tamiya USA has never stocked the parts sprues for the Tbird (Pratt/NS) kit. It is parts Sprue P/Q that contains the intake, and I have had a standing order for 25 of these with Tamiy USA for the past two years and Tamiya USA has not been able to get delivery out of Japan. The only way I have been able to offer these to auction on Ebay is a number of the TBird kits (12) were among a batch of water damaged products I purchased from an insurance sale. Auctions on Ebay went as high as $90, and when I put $45-$60 BIN on the intakes, they sold in minutes, so please tell me with this demand, and in an auction format, how am I gouging? I am sorry if is more than you are willing to pay or can afford, but that is life, and I mean that in sincerity, not to be nasty. I want many tings I cannot afford, ..... but because I cannot buy a Ferrari or a G5 does not mean they are gouging me on the price. Further more, you act like this is a problem created by Ebay sellers, and I assure you it is not, and your facts are very, very, wrong. This was a limited edition kit, and I suppose Tamiya was gouging the public charging more for this kit than the other jet kits that had more parts and build options. The bottom line is market drives price, and you comments are out of line, wrong, and not welcome. In fact on thing I tried to do, and why I started selling the parts is that many assemblies had parts on different sprues, and modelers had to buy much more than they needed at a much higher cost. Please understand I am only trying to be direct here, and mean no ill will, in fact you are a valued customer if I recall of an F-105 kit. What happens it that there is much more than we see to the parts side of the equation, and only certain items sell...period. Hope this helps, I really like what Zactoman does, I use his stuff, and I hope my customers appreciate what I am able to do as well.

Edited by ghatherly