I drove for three and a half years back in the mid seventies. Mostly Freightliner and International cabovers.

Thats why I say with a chuckle....Only real trucks have a doghouse

In your first photo ...where was that taken., and which aircraft is that please if you know. :thumbsup:/>

That pic was taken in 2000/2001 at what was McClellen AFB, in Sacramento CA., and their air museum. I took a load in to their commissary. The base has since closed, but the museum has been redone and is now known as the Aerospace Museum of California. As for the aircraft, here is a brief history of it, including a tour in Vietnam.

http://www.aerospaceca.org/mcdonnell-douglas-f-4c-phantom-ii/

Swift halls some of the loads for where I work. You ever pick up loads in Ohio?

I used to, but not in the Zville area. I had a dedicated gig that saw me unloading in Kenton, and reloading in Clyde. But I spent ALOT of time going back and forth across Ohio. I even went house hunting up in the NW corner for a few years.

Im sure richter has been to the Buckeye quite a bit too.

Question about those panels hanging down from your trailer. I've been seeing more and more of them over the last couple of years. I assume they're meant to cut down turbulence and drag. Do you actually see noticeable fuel savings? Do they affect stability any? Or are they just F1-style ground effects to help your high-speed cornering? :D

Ben

Those panels are supposed to make it more fuel efficient. All I know is that if you go off the road in the winter, well mind you any time, it's just one more thing that will get damaged and cost more money to be repaired. They are flimsy as all hell. I've seen other types as well.