Store is LIVE! New A-10C update set progress!

Glad to see that you are back in business again.

Just curious as to why you made cockpit sets for the Hasegawa Hornet kits? The Hasegawa kit has been surpassed by the Academy Hornet. It is far more accurate and the quality of the molds is superb. About the only thing it really needs is a good cockpit tub.

Hey Big Kohona,

Exactly! Thats exactly why I made a pit for the Legacy hornet...there are a lot of guys out there who have all these old kits in their stash. So, my thought was to give those Legacy kits a second life of sorts. I've got my eye on that Academy kit too!

I agree. Had to read through the page to "discover" that all was 1/72 scale -- which is great!!!

Gene K

Hmm, may have to make that more apparent on the site... bigger text, etc. like Lodewijk mentioned. Thanks for letting me know guys!

Please make something for 1/72 Revell F-16 series, especially cockpit and wheel bays. Nobody makes nothing for this F-16 kits ! It would be highly desirable to. And bulged whell bay doors and correct sized large diameter wheels, and maybe GE F110 exhaust too.

Ironic, I have a cockpit in-progress for the Revell viper. Great Idea about the additional wheels, bay doors and exhaust can. I'll add this one!

I have 2 request for you. B-1 and B-52 update kits would be nice. For the B-1 new exhaust nozzels would be good, maybe sniper pod as well and bomb bays. For the B-52 all the antennes and lumps and bumps that are on modern B-52's. Bomb Bays would be cool. LITNING pod and AGM-129's cruise missela with pylon. Also HSAB's. Just a few suggestions.

Hey Big Kohona,

Exactly! Thats exactly why I made a pit for the Legacy hornet...there are a lot of guys out there who have all these old kits in their stash. So, my thought was to give those Legacy kits a second life of sorts. I've got my eye on that Academy kit too!

Thanks - good to know! Will be watching for some goodies for my Academy Hornets. :thumbsup:/>

Edited by Big Kohona

Glad to see that you are back in business again.

Just curious as to why you made cockpit sets for the Hasegawa Hornet kits? The Hasegawa kit has been surpassed by the Academy Hornet. It is far more accurate and the quality of the molds is superb. About the only thing it really needs is a good cockpit tub.

Hey Big Kohona,

The Academy kit is great, but Hasegawa has a B version, Academy hasn't bothered with that. Besides, the Hasegawa kit is great for modeling the early A versions without having to remove a lot of "lumps and bumps" from the kit. even though I have a few Academys in the stash, I haven't disposed of the Hasegawa kits and I'm sure that not everyone would want to pay $25-$30 for the Academy kit when you can find some of the Hasegawa older Hornet kits for $5-$10 on Ebay or at the shows.

Ironic, I have a cockpit in-progress for the Revell viper. Great Idea about the additional wheels, bay doors and exhaust can. I'll add this one!

Goooood, Thanks!

And what about the mainwheel leg for Academy Hormet family? This is the main mistake of this kit-family. It messes up the whole overall effect, because this is at the wrong angle (it is vertically out of the fuselage and not spread out).

I have 2 request for you. B-1 and B-52 update kits would be nice. For the B-1 new exhaust nozzels would be good, maybe sniper pod as well and bomb bays. For the B-52 all the antennes and lumps and bumps that are on modern B-52's. Bomb Bays would be cool. LITNING pod and AGM-129's cruise missela with pylon. Also HSAB's. Just a few suggestions.

I agree with all of it!

Jonah

Oh and a complett wheel set for 1/72 Hobby Boss A-7 family ? Because it's about 1/8... scale in the kit (all dimensions too small). It has a very comic view with this little wheels. It would be very welcome !

Oh and a complett wheel set for 1/72 Hobby Boss A-7 family ? Because it's about 1/8... scale in the kit (all dimensions too small). It has a very comic view with this little wheels.

Far out! I did not know that.

Steve

If theres anything else specific in 1/72nd scale you'd like for your kits ...

Thanks for that opportunity!

Hard to believe that after all these years there are no aftermarket 1/72 early wing tanks for the F-4 Phantom !!!!!!!! These early McDonnell tanks are more rounded than the later Sgt Fletchers, and have weld seams on the mid line - excellent reference is here. They were used extensively by the early US Navy and Marine Phantoms, as well as early USAF models.

Considering all the 1/72 models sold over the past fifty years, especially Hasegawa, the new tanks could be used by many to retrofit their models as well as outfitting new ones. In that regard, I really think they would be excellent sellers for you -- given given your product range and excellent casting quality, you'd be the perfect source!!!

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

While we are on the subject of F-4 wing tanks, lets consider that navy F-4's often flew without them and instead had a weaponized outer pylon that s not offered in any Hasagawa kit. This pylon, which s offered in the Fujimi f-4 would be a great resin addition. (And I just told you how to make it).

While we are on the subject of F-4 wing tanks, lets consider that navy F-4's often flew without them and instead had a weaponized outer pylon that s not offered in any Hasagawa kit. This pylon, which s offered in the Fujimi f-4 would be a great resin addition. (And I just told you how to make it).

A separate pylon would indeed be great as part of a tank/pylon kit. "Of course" an adapter would then be another nice option since the Navy pylons required the adapter to carry ordnance.

Gene K

I don't build 1/72..... But if you did this....you would most definitely have my hard earned dollars!

Edited by Scot M

gman,

Since there's no interested in doing early Phantom tanks, what about the SUU-11 Mini-gun?

"These pods were used on a wide array of US aircraft, primarily during the Vietnam War, including the A-1 Skyraider, A-37 Dragonfly, and the T-28 Trojan. It was also tested on the ACH-47A "Guns A-Go-Go" by the US Army and on the UH-1E Iroquois by the US Marine Corps, and were part of standard armament fits for the AH-1 Cobra with both services". [Wikipedia]

I just statted a thread here.

Gene K

Hi there

Please don´t forget the Phantoms central fuselaje weapons pylon neglected by many of course in wonderfull 1/72 scale

Other interesting thing is the AIM-4 Flacon launchers only found in early Hasegawa mould

Best day

Armando

And the "single" launcher rails for AGM-65 Maverick too. Hasegawa weapon set conains only the tripple rails.

- that's a great idea. And add to that assorted AIM-9s with their seeker head covers cast in place.

Haydn.

And the "single" launcher rails for AGM-65 Maverick too. Hasegawa weapon set conains only the tripple rails.

I was looking specifically for these (lau-117, iirc) for my current a-10a build. It's great to see the missles available on the site. Launch rails for specific applications could be a great addition, too

Edit: FUEL TANKS are another lacking item! Thanks to the generosity of another forum member (kurnass77), i was able to source an under-wing tank for my 1/72 jaguars (heller and hasegawa). Planning on making resin copies of the tank when time/finances allow, but i absolutely would've snatched a few pairs if they were available aftermarket! I have a hase mirage f.1 in the stash lacking under-wing tanks as well.

Thanks for keeping an open mind to what customers are looking for!

Edited by SatelliteChaser

LAU-117s and AGM-65s are available in resin form from Maestro Models. Beware of the Hasegawa (and most other plastic) Mavericks, as their fins don't extend far enough down the missile body.

Hoops