Prime Minister Harper's new CC-150 paint scheme

Interesting, not bad for a government VIP a/c.

It is probably helpful also as there are some countries who will not allow camouflaged a/c into their country!

If it was official RCAF colours it should have been sprayed with RCAF Tartan spray paint!!!

Edited by Flyboyf18

Decals would be nice, but for what kit? The Revell A310 is an earlier version that would take some serious conversion work to turn it into one of those.

Pretty paint scheme!

This is like back in the late 70s when the BC NDP decided to paint all the busses and stuff into their party colours... luckily blue, red and white make for a more attractive combination than brown and orange were.

I don't think this looks bad at all, if you look at it as *just* a paint job on an airplane. What I don't like is that they painted it into party colours.

And it *is* party colours... because regardless of what explanation is given - even if it's true! - perception has a lot to do with politics, and the reaction I've seen to this from an overwhelming majority is "they painted it in party colours". This in itself makes the statement true.

(In their defence at least they didn't go with "Le Gouvernement Harper - The Harper Government" titles...)

Canada's colours are red and white. Done. The rounded ha blue, sure. I have never seen an RCAF plane painted blue. Special schemes excepted. The cynic in me says this is more than just using official RCAF colours.

Hawks are all blue. (Different shade but blue nonetheless )

Snowbirds are red ad white with blue stripes

This is an RCAF plane and they can paint it however they like. Heck, why did Voodoo's have lightning bolts? Because it looked nice.

I still think you guys are missing the point that whatever the *reason* is is irrelevant, because the *perception* is what registers in people's minds.

I still think you guys are missing the point that whatever the *reason* is is irrelevant, because the *perception* is what registers in people's minds.

Given that perception is what the public takes as truth, can it also be given that the public's perception is often incorrect and often quite ridiculous (eg. anything that has to do with aviation, I am sure you will agree that the general public and media overdramatize or completely misinterpret.) So this begs the question, should real decisions be made based on the same ridiculous assumptions and misunderstandings in order to conform with public perception?

Edited by Rank11

and the perception is that it's the RCAF colours.

Given that perception is what the public takes as truth, can it also be given that the public's perception is often incorrect and often quite ridiculous (eg. anything that has to do with aviation, I am sure you will agree that the general public and media overdramatize or completely misinterpret.) So this begs the question, should real decisions be made based on the same ridiculous assumptions and misunderstandings in order to conform with public perception?

In politics?

I'd say probably yes - especially in the case of something inconsequential, such as how you paint an airplane.

and the perception is that it's the RCAF colours.

Not according to all the non-aviation people I know (and such people *are* the majority).

As an aside, the RCAF did play around with the idea of dropping the blue and going with all red markings (including an all red roundel). People hated it.

DND photo

yukon.jpg

Not according to all the non-aviation people I know (and such people *are* the majority).

Then you know a lot of people that don't know their history. I've not met a single person that didn't know that was the RCAF colours. Personally, it never even occurred to me that the colours were the same as any political party. I saw that photo and it was the last thing to enter my mind.

Have you looked the facebook post for this photo? Nobody believe's it has anything to do with politics.

Edited by RiderFan

In politics?

I'd say probably yes - especially in the case of something inconsequential, such as how you paint an airplane.

And that is why governments have proven themselves worthless and unable to accomplish anything worthwhile in recent years. Beginning in the 1960's when television became widespread and governments began to make decisions based on how it might play on the evening news to the general public, there has been a steady decline in the ability of democracies to accomplish anything useful, win any wars, or accomplish anything ontime or on budget. I bet you if television was widespread in the 1940's, we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

Totally unrelated to the perception and/or politics issue, or the true RCAF colours, I now realize my wife and I saw this plane leaving Ottawa one day. I live near the end of the runways and see lots if different planes. We didn't recognize the markings at the time. Her comment was that it looked like Shamu the whale was flying.

Colour me naive...

But I just thought the colours looked nice on it! Until I saw the NDP getting their knickers twisted about the "Tory Blue" colour, I never once perceived it as anything but the military colours. Not once did I think of party colours - but then again, I am very apolitical, with the exception of how I have no time for Quebec separatists.

ALF

Colour me naive...

But I just thought the colours looked nice on it! Until I saw the NDP getting their knickers twisted about the "Tory Blue" colour, I never once perceived it as anything but the military colours. Not once did I think of party colours - but then again, I am very apolitical, with the exception of how I have no time for Quebec separatists.

ALF

I'm glad you're the one that said that.

Edited by RiderFan

Well, if they painted it just red and white it would have been "Liberal" colours. Its not a horrible scheme......just meh.

I would have had a straight line, blue bottom, then the red line over the windows like the Boieng 707 was, then the white top. Nice big "ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE" over the red cheat line.

Well, if they painted it just red and white it would have been "Liberal" colours. Its not a horrible scheme......just meh.

I would have had a straight line, blue bottom, then the red line over the windows like the Boieng 707 was, then the white top. Nice big "ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE" over the red cheat line.

Yep... nothing like a classic.

DND Photo

7073.jpg

[edit] I have one of these 1:72 kits in my stash. Still in its shrink wrap. Considering what they're going for on eBay now, I don't know if I should build it, or sell it :o/>

Edited by RiderFan