Prime Minister Harper's new CC-150 paint scheme

I like it!

Nice to see a little colour coming back. The base colour is actually a very subdued grey that will surely make it stand out among the aircraft it will be parked next to.

(I wonder if anyone thought the blue bellied SAR scheme used on the S-55, S-58, Vertol and Labrador was also conservative influenced, or if people were just smarter back then.)

And that is why governments have proven themselves worthless and unable to accomplish anything worthwhile in recent years. Beginning in the 1960's when television became widespread and governments began to make decisions based on how it might play on the evening news to the general public, there has been a steady decline in the ability of democracies to accomplish anything useful, win any wars, or accomplish anything ontime or on budget. I bet you if television was widespread in the 1940's, we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

moon-walk-49807-lw.jpg

berlin-flag.jpg

Correlation does not equal causation.

Nice plane BTW

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Yep... nothing like a classic.

DND Photo

7073.jpg

[edit] I have one of these 1:72 kits in my stash. Still in its shrink wrap. Considering what they're going for on eBay now, I don't know if I should build it, or sell it ohmy.gif/>

BUILD IT!!!!!!!

DSC_0069-1.jpg

BUILD IT!!!!!!!

DSC_0069-1.jpg

That is a nice build. Looks great. Thanks for posting.

As for the new paint job..if a kit existed..and decals were made, I bet it would take a lot of microsol/solvaset.

Yep... nothing like a classic.

DND Photo

7073.jpg

[edit] I have one of these 1:72 kits in my stash. Still in its shrink wrap. Considering what they're going for on eBay now, I don't know if I should build it, or sell it :o/>/>

I'll buy it from you... if you don't build it. I made this scheme once, had to give it away a couple years ago, and would love to make it again.

ALF

Does anybody know when the current Air Force One scheme with the primarily blue colors first appeared? If it was on the 707 in the early '60s, that would put it right in the Kennedy administration, which was Democrat. And the Democrats do have blue as their color.......

It may be time for the air force to repaint Air Force One with a bit more red for the Republicans and maybe a 1% green splotch somewhere for the Green Party as well.

Edited by Rank11

Does anybody know when the current Air Force One scheme with the primarily blue colors first appeared? If it was on the 707 in the early '60s, that would put it right in the Kennedy administration, which was Democrat. And the Democrats do have blue as their color.......

It may be time for the air force to repaint Air Force One with a bit more red for the Republicans and maybe a 1% green splotch somewhere for the Green Party as well.

Eisenhower's (?) Constellation, wasn't it?

moon-walk-49807-lw.jpg

berlin-flag.jpg

Correlation does not equal causation.

Nice plane BTW

Funny you post the picture of the astronaut, because the Apollo program was probably one of the last projects undertaken by the government with the attitude and approach of the "great generation" where accomplishing the goal by whatever means was paramount, before the media began affecting decision making. Hence you got events like the Apollo 1 fire, that resulted from risks taken to move the project. And as the Apollo program occupied the 1960's, which was when television and media was only beginning to take hold in households, it was not subject for the most part to the kind of ineffective decision making and risk adversion that grew from the tv/media effect on the government. Which was why the moon landing actually got accomplished at the end of that decade. It may be true that correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but coincidences are even more unlikely.

Edited by Rank11

Soooo, all the CF-18 commemorative schemes that have red/white/blue are...

Don

75th Anniversary Jet comes to mind. The only red though was in the roundel, RCAF crest, and tartan. It had a lot of blue. That aircraf was a tribute to our history and includes a lot that is found in the current Airbus scheme. I have a feeling the same person designed it. I am going to contact him and ask if he did.

Anyone who doesn't know the colors of the RCAF are not red, white, and blue need to look back in history. The RCAF ensign has those colors as does our tartan. At one time there was a bit of black in the ensign and there is black in the tartan.

188718.png

75%20years%20Sea%20King%2012%20Wing%20Shearwater.jpg.jpg

Doesn't the Tutor look the same as the Airbus

75ansRCAF-1.jpg

Gold was added for the 100th Anniversary of Aviation in Canadaf-18-century1.jpg

And for those who do not know, the Liberals were in power when these aircraft were painted, don't blame Harper! Don't anyone give these images to the NDP! They may make some more news out of nothing!

Edited by Scooby

Personally I like it.... and I thought it was RCAF colours. I do not care for the present administration but I won't care to even give them credit for the scheme.

Now I just happen to know an Airline who did go all out in Grit colours......have changed since to minty fresh blue....

:cheers:

Emil

Politics and colour choice aside, no media release linked here, nor any post has addresses a certain questiom .... Is this scheme restricted to Airbus '01 or will all VIP aircraft be seen in this scheme as well?"

Scott

FWIW; From a modelling perspective, my 72nd AIM CC-150 would really standout in those colours, assuming one can accomodate the markings... a custom sheet from CanMilAir maybe?

This is a one-off.

I had supper with the artist who created this scheme. He was super proud of the way the Air Force colours were being showcased on this aircraft; he had absolutely no intention of favouring a political party with this scheme. Period.

People will read into things whatever they want. People can also be wrong. I have learned to evaluate the source of the information before making a judgement. Seems to me the stated intention by the creator of the scheme is more credible than the word of a politician of any stripe, especially when that politician is using the incident for his own party's advantage.

ALF

This is a one-off.

I had supper with the artist who created this scheme. He was super proud of the way the Air Force colours were being showcased on this aircraft; he had absolutely no intention of favouring a political party with this scheme. Period.

People will read into things whatever they want. People can also be wrong. I have learned to evaluate the source of the information before making a judgement. Seems to me the stated intention by the creator of the scheme is more credible than the word of a politician of any stripe, especially when that politician is using the incident for his own party's advantage.

ALF

Before you confirmed Jim's involvement I had recognized it as his work.

a custom sheet from CanMilAir maybe?

OMG please NOT from CamMil poor and inconsistent colours quality and registration "quality" isn't

never in their vocabulary. You'd get a better result if you hand paint them with a four inch paint

brush!

If anyone should do it it should be David from Canuckmodels http://www.canuckmodels.com/

or Dave from Leading Edge http://www.lemdecal.com/ Those guys understand what QUALITY means.

If ether of them do A310 decals then please do the low viz markings first guys - I need two sets!

Edited by centuaryseries

OMG please NOT from CamMil poor and inconsistent colours quality and registration "quality" isn't

never in their vocabulary. You'd get a better result if you hand paint them with a four inch paint

brush!

If anyone should do it it should be David from Canuckmodels http://www.canuckmodels.com/

or Dave from Leading Edge http://www.lemdecal.com/ Those guys understand what QUALITY means.

If ether of them do A310 decals then please do the low viz markings first guys - I need two sets!

Could not disagree more. Used Canmilaair several times, (Leading edge near 100 and have used Canuck a couple times) Registration has always been spot on for me. Only time I had a colour issue is when Bill was new at it and still working out the greys. When I pointed out a colour error he sent me a new sheet straight away. Same as Leading Edge, whenever I had a issue (and your going to get a couple after using a product near a hundred times) BOTH companies are fast to fix. That is quality to me.

Now admittedly APLS stuff can be finicky and is expensive, but I have never had a problem that was not quickly fixed.