Very cool. DC has taken a lesson from Marvel I think.

So we covered Batman and Lex tie-ins. Where's the Flash and Aqua-man tie-ins ;)/>

From what I've read, they are. There is supposed to be a Justice League movie coming out next year around the same time as the next Avengers. Don't know if they'll treat it with as much success but if you're a super hero kind of fan, next year should be good!

Bill

Looks like Man of Steel 2 might be Summer 2014 and the JL movie for Summer 2015 with the possibility of Christian Bale reprising the role of Bruce Wayne/BATMAN ... At least that's the rumor going around right now ...

-Gregg

Looks like Man of Steel 2 might be Summer 2014 and the JL movie for Summer 2015 with the possibility of Christian Bale reprising the role of Bruce Wayne/BATMAN ... At least that's the rumor going around right now ...

-Gregg

that trilogy is arguably one of the best in American cinema, I'd really hate to see the quality of it ruined by Bale doing one of those super team movies.

that trilogy is arguably one of the best in American cinema, I'd really hate to see the quality of it ruined by Bale doing one of those super team movies.

I also think the Bale Batman doesn't belong in a Justice League movie. Part of the foundation of what made the Bale Batman movies great was the non-superpowered aspect- that one man with the right resources and motivation can be a superhero.

That said, the Bale Batman franchise can stand alone. There is no ne true cannon Batman franchise anyway. As someone else put it: There is a Batman franchise for everybody, take your pick. There's no reason you can't have a Batman in an expanded DC universe or Justice League movie, it really just needs to be a different Batman/DC universe take on it.

Bale will not be back for Justice League, Snyder already confirmed it and said that Batman will be rebooted though he didn't say how.

I do not believe for a second the rumors about another Superman movie hitting theaters in 2014.

We know WB fast tracked a sequel but there is no time to write, shoot and post-produce another movie of this caliber for next year, Man of Steel was in post production for almost two years!

2015 is the most likely release date for a MOS sequel with a possible Justice League movie following.

I know DC/Warner has other movies in the plans but I'm not sure which ones yet.

A Wonder Woman/Aquaman film has been mentioned and we know WB has had a Flash movie in development for a while.

Let's not forget that director Guillermo del Toro has clearly said that he wanted to direct a Justice League Dark movie.

What about Green Lantern, will they reboot it?

We'll have to wait for the San Diego Comicon to find out.

We went to see this movie yesterday and it was spoilt by the too long and too noisy fight scenes, they seemed to go on forever (and you knew the good guy would win) at the cost of what could have been more background orientated scenes, 2 out of 10 for me.

Cheers

Dennis

I saw it and loved it. So much I ordered the Sideshow Man of Steel figure to keep me company in my hobby room. I thought Cavill did a great job and like that they already worked through the Lois Lane taking forever to find out the obvious that Clark is Supes. Seeing it again tomorrow night!

Saw it tonight with my 10-year old and loved it.

Various thoughts:

Hollywood cliche' near the end with Zod's laser-eyes trying to zap that family. They just cowered there in the corner dramatically waiting to be cut in half....uhhh. :doh: Save us Superman!

I surprisingly liked Amy Adams as Lois Lane :wub: I expected too much sweetheart ness I think from when I saw her last in the Muppets.

Kryptonian tech looked a bit similar to the robots in Matrix <_<

What was up with the kid in full battle dress during the Superman hand-off to Zod's 2nd in command :blink:

Wasn't Sups' dad Kal-El a bit too much like That dude from Quantim Leap in Zod's ship? :unsure:

Kevin Kostner was great :cheers:

Diane Lane I had trouble with seeing her as an old woman I think. :salute:

Looking forward to sequels

I just saw it last night and frankly.....I want my 2 and a half hours back. I thought it was the worse super hero movie since Elektra. The changes to the costume were really hard to swallow, but not as bad as the chest toupee coming out of the neck of the costume. The action was hard to follow and WAY too dark for Superman. Yes...dark and gritty works for characters for Batman, because Batman is in fact dark and gritty. When you wear blue tights with a red cape....you tend not to be so gritty and dark. All in all, I really really hated this movie. I hate how Lois already knows his identity, I hate that Morpheus got fat and grew man boobs, I hate that Superman kills Zod, and Superman looks too much like a ripped Bill Hader.....all around hated it.

Edited by PNW_Modeler

Since it's already been outted in this thread, I don't get the hard spot with Superman killing Zod. He killed Zod in the Chris Reeve Superman II also, it just wasn't as overt. In that earlier movie, Superman tricked Zod and his minions and robbed them of their super powers, while keeping his. At that point, Zod was as harmless to Superman as any typical human, and what did Supes do? He crushed Zod's hand and threw him into a pit. He could have put them in jail or otherwise restrained him, but he choose to kill him instead. It's true that there was a layer of fog in the pit and you didn't see Zod hit bottom, but I think most people assumed the pit was "bottomless" or at least deep enough to kill him. BTW, in this less "dark" earlier movie, Lois then pushes Zod's female minion into the same pit (presumably killing her too), and then jokes about it afterward. Not quite as overt as in Man of Steel, but the end result is the same: Superman killed Zod.

Also, there are some key differences in Man of Steel's Zod and Superman II's Zod that I think meant it had to end as it did. To keep the mystery for those who haven't seen it:

The new Zod had had a very different motivation than the old Zod. He didn't expect everyone to kneel to him and had no interest in being the emperor of Earth. As he stated, Zod was bred to be a warrior and defend Krypton. In his own warped way, his only goal was to rebuild Krypton at any cost. Superman destroyed the World Engine that was terraforming Earth, and sent Zod's ship back to the Phantom Zone. Zod had absolutely nothing left except to die a warrior's death. That's why I think he did that slow heat vision pan on the family. Superman wasn't holding his head, so Zod could have vaporized the humans at any time. Zod absolutely wanted Superman to kill him. Besides, if you think about it, how else could have the battle ended? Zod was as powerful as Superman, so how could he have been restrained? No human jail could have held him, and Superman didn't have any Kryptonian restraining devices, so there was no way to stop Zod short of killing him. Superman did the only thing he could do in the situation. He knew it and Zod knew it.