855215hellcat065.jpg

AND AGAIN : hightlights on the wheels and on the propeller

144991hellcat068.jpg

832580hellcat067.jpg

AND AGAIN

557980hellcat073.jpg

now i can use my paintbrushes :rolleyes:/>

Edited by ALPH

I try to do the weathering process by coping the great Diego Quijano, i said just try because i'm not spanish. How this guy can do that? It seems so easy for him, but when you take your paintbrush you realize the extreme precision of his work.

so here is my result

294710hellcat077.jpg

288751hellcat076.jpg

oh and the canopy is also painted with the "zenithal process"

978901hellcat078.jpg

Edited by ALPH

Great work! I see exactly what you're doing here. Its highlighting and shadowing rather than shading to create subtle depth (with the blue parts).

What kind of airbrush do you use? I'm not sure that I could get those kind of fine lines with mine...even with the fine tip. But then again I don't think I've ever tried this. I suppose I'll have to give it a shot seeing how well you've done with it.

Very interesting method of painting. I've seen this done on armor, but not aircraft. It almost looks like an oil-painting of the aircraft. Very unique approach, and skillfully done.

Well, that's pretty interesting. I will definitely have to try a similar shading technique on my next WWII build, as this looks a lot better than shaving plastic off the model and re-doing panel lines and rivets to create actual texture. Thanks for the idea!

Very interesting method of painting. I've seen this done on armor, but not aircraft. It almost looks like an oil-painting of the aircraft. Very unique approach, and skillfully done.

It's exactly what i tried to do. I saw this kind of painting on the book "FAQ 2" by Mig Jimenez. He talk about "modulation" to create a more attractive finish on armors. Figures modelers already have this approach for long time. I just think "why not on an aircraft". Midnight blue is a boring color, it's so dark, it was the occasion to make a different hellcat.

Well, that's pretty interesting. I will definitely have to try a similar shading technique on my next WWII build, as this looks a lot better than shaving plastic off the model and re-doing panel lines and rivets to create actual texture. Thanks for the idea!

I don't know if it looks better, specially when I look at the fantastic works of JM Villalba, Jaroslav Galler or Rato Marczak etc...

It's an different approach, and it's much more easy for me to use an airbrush.

And thank you guys. I'm glad you're interested in my painting

Edited by ALPH

Hello

i made a base for my "cat". Actually, I make this model for a contest for a french forum, and it's end today! No time to find a correct US Navy WWII carrier deck in my local shop, so i pick up a base from Eduard which "looks like" a wood deck and i painted it quickly.

119568hellcat080.jpg

it's a contest and all the little details are important.

guns tube (minimeca)

800147hellcat081.jpg

position lights

276268hellcat082.jpg.

the pitot tube is "zenithalized"...

238480hellcat083.jpg

...the antenna mast to

652196hellcat084.jpg

the wind screen unmasked

671319hellcat085.jpg

final photos today... I hope

Edited by ALPH