I hope the moderators will consider leaving this in this forum being so few visit the ship forums. This took over 2 months to build and while the construction was actually pretty easy, the size of the model posed the problem. She measures 4 1/2 long! My wife rigged up a spray booth in the laundry area so I can get her painted (the model, not the wife) in one session. That session ended up being 16 hours. Yes, I made mistakes but overall I think Mr Gaca will be pleased. I left off the deck guns and rigging so as not to have them damaged in transport. After the model is set up at Mr Gaca's home, I'll go back and do the final touches.

013_zpse34495d7.jpg

008_zpsa0b2544f.jpg

006_zpsab1c38ea.jpg

003_zps8446398a.jpg

002_zpsff08a9e8.jpg

Beautiful ship there Mate!!! Always liked the looks of those subs. We have the USS Cobia just north of me at the Maritime Museum in Manitowoc Wisconsin. Not sure if it's the same class, but looks a lot like the Hammerhead! I'm sure Mr Gaca it thrilled to have her. You should be proud!

• 3 weeks later...