Kit bashing to make an Israeli A-4N

I was wondering what the base model would be if using a Hasegawa 1/48 A-4 kit and the exhaust extension from the Hobbycraft kit and how big of a chore would it be in order to do so. I always have thought about doing one but have been too lazy to do any research. TIA

I think the cheapest route would be to purchase a Hasegawa A-4M and add the Quickboost tail for the A-4N. Buy the decals separately.

If you go that route, you'll also need the Quickboost 30mm DEFA cannon as all of the IAF A-4Ns were so armed. Note you'll want to get them if you buy the early kit A-4N kit anyway since Hasegawa incorrectly made perforated gun barrels in that boxing. The gun barrels were correct in the second late boxing.

Don´t forgot another small differences as bomb damage assesment camera behind the left landing gear, breaking parachute hosing, square top of vertical stabilizer, flare/chaff dispensers beside arresting hook or wider air scoop on the right side of fuselage.

Few months ago I builded an A-4N out from Hasegawa´s kit: http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=72308

Edited by Tango