CD48044 : Alpha Jet

The German option really lost its priority after Kinetic's new decal partner released its decals separately from the kit. Non-US subjects are already a fairly small market; and trying to compete months after the release of the kit is not very sound strategy. I am not saying I will not do it in the future, but let us just say that it is not a priority now.

Note that the first Alpha Jet sheet (with markings for France, Belgium and many others) that I mentioned is still in the pipeline, and will be coming in April.

I also wonder if there is any point in making decals for any future Kinetic kit if they chose to align themselves this closely with a specific decal/aftermarket company; who knows which kits will be released months in advance and probably has early access to the kits. It makes more sense to design decals for kits of other companies who fly without preferred "wingmen". This is the reason why I did not do a Kfir sheet and also will not touch the Fouga Magister subject even though I really love both aircraft.

Edited by KursadA

Well, that's understandable; it makes no sense to produce decals of subjects that have already been covered. Maybe Max Decals will upscale their 1/72nd sheet for the Magister, which seems to cover many of the countries that operated this plane. I'd really love to build one in the markings of Biafra or Rwanda, but I've never been able to find any pics.

• 1 month later...

This sheet is ready and I will receive them on Friday. I will post photos when they get here. It will not make it as an April release though - I have a backlog of more than 400 orders for this month's releases that I need to pack and ship. It should be ready for sale in early May, along with the international T-38 and EC-121 sheets.

The AlphaJet sheets are here. There is one more small sheet (with borders for Egyptian orange I/D panels) that is still being printed. These will be available in mid-May.

maybatch5.jpg

maybatch6.jpg

maybatch7.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am sorry to hear that some of you expressed disappointment about the same issue.

Including all profiles on the printed instructions would have required a 20-page instruction sheet, increasing the cost of the decal set to a point where it would not have been a viable product. I think I made it clear on the product Web page that some of the options would have printable instructions (I am working on putting them on the Web page now). I expected that most customers would be interested in the French and Belgian options, two very significant operators that have not been served well by existing decals; and I chose to prioritize these options over the others. As I expected, more than half of all sets sold so far went to French and Belgian addresses.

Instructions for all of the other options will be at the Web site by the end of the week.

Edited by KursadA

Hi Kursad

This sounds good, thanks !!

I bought many decals sheets from you, and always excellent decals

I want build an african Alpha Jet and I saw the pre-order with african profiles I expected to find them included

Regards,

Luca

Got to go get my Alpha Jet markings.

As for the instructions being on line, it now seems to be the norm with several other decal companies doing the same thing. I remember many years ago when Superscale as well as many other companies included black and white instructions with their decals. Much better these days with the colour as I did find it a bit difficult deciphering the schemes sometimes.

Thanks for a wonderful product Kursad, much appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Including all profiles on the printed instructions would have required a 20-page instruction sheet, increasing the cost of the decal set to a point where it would not have been a viable product. I think I made it clear on the product Web page that some of the options would have printable instructions (I am working on putting them on the Web page now). I expected that most customers would be interested in the French and Belgian options, two very significant operators that have not been served well by existing decals; and I chose to prioritize these options over the others. As I expected, more than half of all sets sold so far went to French and Belgian addresses.

Instructions for all of the other options will be at the Web site by the end of the week.

I am getting one of these sheets from another modeler, but I can't find your online instructions on your site. How do I download it, or is it only available to people who order directly from you?

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak