New 1/72 T-2 Buckeye in the works?

Just noticed this photo on MMzone while gathering intel on the upcoming Wolfpack T-38 kit. Note the Wolfpack T-2 poster right next to the one for the submarine, emblazoned with the yellow "new tooling" text. Clearly the design work has not progressed as far as the U-214 submarine since they don't show any prototype sprues, but the individual test parts and the fuselage half suggests it is a 1/72 kit.

Edit: just noticed that it was mentioned in more detail at scalemodels.ru here:

1/72 T-2 Buckeye at scalemodels.ru

mmzimg1369646849583.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I second that emotion. Suddenly with the T2V from Sword as well as this Buckeye, along with the previously released T-28, I have.a shelf getting ready to handle many "red and white" schemes.

Now if someone would do a decent Goshawk we would really be in business.

WOW! I can't wait! This will certainly be better than paying through the nose for the pavla cockpit set for the matchbox kit and trying to turn that into something decent.

True that! It's all but impossible to remove all of the molded in cockpit flooring in the Matchbox kit without totally destroying the nose section. Even if you do get that far, getting the resin cockpit and nose gear well to sit together properly in the kit is a nightmare.

Wolfpack will definitely be getting a bit of profit from me when they bring this out. Hopefully they'll have some international options on the decal sheet.

• 1 year later...

Great, now if they would do a T-2A, I would get really excited. Anyone who thinks shoehorning the Pavla cockpit into the Matchbox kit, should try making something of the Esoteric "Body Job" solid fuselage A conversion. Don't even think about the Airmodel vac.

Cheers,

Tom, A trained

Looks pretty killer, thanks for the spruce shots.

Glad I can trash my old Matchbox kit finally :) I also still have Two Bobs decal sheet 72-088 to use for this new kit in the decal stash.

-Derek

Great, now if they would do a T-2A, I would get really excited. Anyone who thinks shoehorning the Pavla cockpit into the Matchbox kit, should try making something of the Esoteric "Body Job" solid fuselage A conversion. Don't even think about the Airmodel vac.

Cheers,

Tom, A trained

My body job turned out OK, getting those white metal intakes to fit was fun tho!

FrontLeft.jpg

RightRear.jpg

A decent A would get my vote.

Julien