New Ideas for Caracal:

Gday, good to see a new decal producer with an enthusiastic attitude. I have some suggestions.

In 1/32:

a really really accurate Royal Saudi Air Force sheet covering the F-15C/D early schemes, F-5E/F Tiger, and Tornado.

a sheet covering low viz USAF F-15C/D's in the latest scheme just like the Afterburner sheet in 1/48, so that's the ZZ and AK Eagles.

In 1/72:

as above for F-15C/D Eagles USAF low viz

a really well done data stencilling sheet for the SR-71 JUST like the Afterburner 1/48 data stencilling sheet. Cutting Edge's sheet is no good in this respect.

a really well researched Royal Saudi Air Force sheet including F-15C/D early full viz scheme, F-5E/F, E-3A, KE-3A, C-130H full viz and low viz versions, and low viz F-22A what-if.

F-14A of VF-14 Tophatters ORIGINAL full viz scheme FIRST applied when the F-14 first went into service. I've never seen this scheme done properly.

YF-23 ATF PAV-1 and PAV-2 decal sheet for Italeri kit. This sheet could include the 3 KC-135's used for refuelling, the F-16B and F-15 chase planes, and the F-15SMTD aircraft used for thrust

vectoring experiments. The F-15SMTD alone would be very popular I think. This could also be done in 1/144 for the Revell kit, and 1/32 in conjunction with Zactoman.

a really well researched Qatar Emiri AF sheet, using CORRECT colours for C-130, C-17 grey mil version, Mirage 2000, Alpha Jet, Mirage F1, Agusta, Commando, and Gazelle.

Some of these have been done before but the colours are NEVER correct.

as above for Bahrain.

in most cases, I can supply accurate reference material, especially for the Saudi and YF-23 sheets.

thanks for listening. :)/>

Edited by supacruze

Definitely good ideas here, thanks. I am already looking at the YF-23, depending on whether or not Hobby Boss will mess up the kit decals.

Great, mate. Good to hear. I have alot of detailed info on the YF-23 and support aircraft markings if you need any assistance. Remember, if you have already done the work for 1/48, printing in other scales is a fraction of the cost of doing a separate run..... hint, hint....

Even though it was posted that the latest Academy SR-71 release is the answer for SR-71 fans, it's not. I've checked the reviews for the decals in this kit and they are just not good enough. What I'm after is a 1/72 sheet of COMPLETE data stencilling, JUST like the 1/48 Afterburner sheet. NO current 1/72 sheet does this. I think it would sell like cocaine. :)

I've just thought of another idea: a what-if sheet for the F-22A in 1/72, 1/32, 1/144 for Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Australia in exactly the same low viz grey colours as the USAF scheme. Crazy idea, I know, but very cool.

http://www.yf-23.net

What-if and 1/144 (for anything smaller than a C-130) are just not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. Not under the Caracal brand anyway: but I am contemplating at least 1 or 2 additional brands that will experiment with other subjects and form factors/price points(think inexpensive, single-sheet subjects with downloadable PDF instructions or multi-subject sheets; like a few other businesses are doing). More on these ideas in the next few months.

Fair enough, I knew it would be a long shot.... it's just that if you are doing 1/48 and 1/72, it doesn't really cost any more to to assign 1 or 2 square inches of the decal paper for the odd 1/144 scheme here and there when the subject uses exactly the same ink colours as the larger scales. Whatever you decide to do, please do not use laser or ALPS, I cannot STAND them. Everything has to be screen printed, and yes I approve whole-heartedly of single subject sheets with online instructions, friggin great idea. I think full colour paper instructions is a waste of money (for the printer). I'd rather have NO paper instructions of any kind AT ALL and have ALL the resources go into the decal itself, since almost everyone is online now, there is very little need for extra printing associated with instructions and labelling. And, I am really tired of purchasing a sheet that has 6 or 7 subjects on it, when all I want is just one. 80% of the sheets I buy only have 1 or 2 useable subjects, the rest is a waste.

C-130's in 1/72 would make a great subject as well... I was thinking about this last night. The C-130 is a fantastic canvas for so many exotic schemes yet it gets almost completely passed over. Start with the Isradecal 1/144 C-130 sheet and work from there. The Isradecal 1/144 C-130 sheet is one of the best I have ever seen. Every single colour printed is correct and this is extremely rare to find on one sheet. I'd love to see C-130's from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Nigeria, Cameroun, Morocco, UAE, Spain, Jordan, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. One last idea I've thought of is an accurately printed sheet in 1/72 for the Air Force of Sri Lanka. This is one that is almost never covered, yet they have a really cool insignia with exotic unique tertiary colours. I'd love to be able to model a Sri Lankan Mig-23, Kfir, Pucara, Mi-25, etc. And you could extend the print to offer a 1/32 Sri Lankan Mig-23 and Kfir as well. I have reference material for this idea as well.

Just a few harriers that need doing especially the first one!

http://www.flickr.co...09790/lightbox/

here a few others which are worthy to be made into decals too.

http://www.flickr.co...rth/5920984679/

http://www.flickr.co...rth/6157799483/

http://www.flickr.co...rth/5921547464/

http://www.flickr.co...rth/5921545374/

best regards

John

pacheco, I'm not sure FCM or Aztec are your decal lines, but I think it's kind of uncool to push another decal line in the manner you did (with full profiles and copies of the sheet) on the caracal forum...I'm sure ARC could set you up with your own FCM or Aztec forum....

Would love to see some ANG F-86 Sabres and Sabre Dogs!!!

I second that!

Here, here!!

We can always use more ANG markings, particularly the pre-century series aircraft from the 1940s to the 1960's.....they are pretty hard to find in 1/72 scale.

BTW, Revell-Germany is/has released it's F-89 Scorpion in 1/72 scale ;)

Just back from vacation. Lots of good ideas as always, folks. I will start researching many of them, as soon as the Skywarrior and Alpha Jet projects are wrapped up next week or so.