Rather than have a new thread started for each new product suggestion, please add them here.

No guarantees I'll get to them, but I'll keep them in mind for future projects.

I won't be commenting on all of the suggestions, but I'll read them and keep them in mind.

Please don't suggest the outrageous (i.e. 1/32 B-52).

In order for me to stay in business I have to do projects that don't take forever to create and that won't cost a fortune to sell.

While I'm starting this thread for you to suggest possible products, I also welcome other suggestions about my business and how I can improve it.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Chris,

To be honest, I've always found your site to be a bit cluttered. I think re-arranging the product placement on the site (implement a search engine, categorizing products etc) would help with first time visitors and those who don't necessarily glue to ARC 24x7. A gallery of built models using your parts (without redirecting to ARC) would also be a good way to showcase your products. A Facebook icon so people can "Like" your site would be great too.

As for what new products to suggest to you, hmm, let me think about that and get back to you.

Terry

Edited by loftycomfort

Thanks for the suggestion Terry :cheers:

I am painfully aware that my website needs to be updated.

Unfortunately I'm not a web designer, don't know HTML and haven't made the time to do it.

My old roommate got my website started for me when I released my first product. It consisted of the homepage with a link to the Su-27 Nosecone ordering page. Since then I've copy/pasted each ordering page, modified it, saved it under a new name and uploaded it. This was fine when I only had a few products but now I'm up to almost 40 products plus various combo sets.

It is cluttered...

Every time I upload a new product I tell myself I need to do something about it. It's become a huge and daunting project that I really don't want to deal with.

If aftermarket paid well I'd just have a web designer make me a new site. But that's not likely to happen any time soon.

I'll consider it though and see if I can't come up with a temporary fix until I can do a whole new website.

When the time comes I do want to include:

A gallery with customer's builds. (Though I do like re-directing people here to ARC, especially those who've never been here before)

An 'About me' page where I'll include the link to my personal builds rather than on the homepage as well as a little spiel about my history.

A links page.

A product page with a full list of products, prices and ordering links so you don't have to go from one page to the next to order a bunch of stuff.

I also really need to find a proper shopping cart program that will allow me to tailor shipping prices. For now the shipping price for each product is included in the purchase price and customers need to e-mail me a list if they want multiple items or I end up giving partial refunds for combined shipping. It's a real headache, especially when I get busy.

As for Facebook... I've been resistant.

My schedule is already so cramped that I hardly even post here at ARC anymore, let alone any of the other forums. I can't imagine maintaining a Facebook page as well.

Though,,, lots of people have suggested it and said it might help my business.

I'll consider it.

:cheers:

Chris,

Would you please consider a set of seamless intakes for the Tamiya 1/32 F-14? I'm not interested in buying the Trumpeter kit after all of the money I have invested in aftermarket stuff for the Tamiya kit.What do you think?

For the Trumpy Harrier, correct canopy, pylons, EXHAUST NOZZLES, gunpacks, probably more. For the Trumpy Tomcats, wing glove seals for spread or swept wings. For the Revell or Tamiya 1/32 kits, a Wild Weasel conversion set. For the 1/32 F-16 kits, BRU-57 bomb racks, left side HTS pod.

Don

hello Chris, I do not know if Trumpy Tomcat has corrected nosecone and windshield/canopy... if not, what's about considering these two "simple" (for you) conversions? (just like the big Flanker)

best regards,

Luca

For the Trumpy Harrier, correct canopy, pylons, EXHAUST NOZZLES, gunpacks, probably more.

No idea why my earlier post about this has disappeared??

Anyway, I second that suggestion for Harrier upgrades. Other than cockpit sets there is really no aftermarket for the AV-8B kits (not even much for decals really). Not even quickboost nozzles.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! :cheers:

No idea why my earlier post about this has disappeared??

It was likely lost when the forum crashed and was re-loaded from the last database.

I'd really love for you to go back an re-address the intakes on the Trumpy 1/32 MiG-23s. Ciro came out with a very nice correction set in 1/48th, but I'd love to see you work your magic on the big Floggers! :D

Cheers!

-HK sends

• 4 weeks later...

For the Trumpeter A-6, accurate canopy/windscreen, nose, and intakes......

Yeah, i know. Betcha it'll need one of them.

Don

I'll second Don's suggestion. I can live with the nose and canopy but those intake trunks are pittyfull. I just read a thread on LSP where there is an inprogress build going on. The guy had to canabalize parts from one engine to get the correct enterior width for the fan to mate up with the sides. I don't have that option since I'm doing a fully opened up bird. so full legnth intake trunks would be a life saver...

Jim

• 6 months later...

I have a suggestion . A canopy correction set for revell 1/32 phantoms. The shape of those canopies is just not right. This could really make a difference with this kit and provide an alternative to the expensive tamiya kit.

Just a thought for your consideration.