James Gandolfini dead at 51

Yes, one celebrity died three days ago.

Meanwhile in Calgary, right now, 100,000 people are being evacuated. Homes and businesses have been lost. People and animals have died. The Canadian Army has been called in to help. Police from Edmonton have been called in to help. The Saddle dome is pretty much destroyed. The stamped grounds are pretty much destroyed. Bridges are at risk of failing. And there's more rain on the way.

Amazingly (or not) Fox news hasn't even mentioned this, and on cnn this story is 3rd behind micheal jackson and some dude that played a ganster on tv.

Yes, and two weeks ago, the same thing happened in large parts of Europe, including in Gabor's hometown Budapest. And still some of us are saddened by the death of someone who entertained us when we could use some distraction from every day life.

And meanwhile, I will just do some modeling.

That's FOX news for you. And it's not just them. In genearal, our society is fixated on celeberties far more than life's realities or news that is actually important to us.

If I went any futher, I'd be getting political. :soapbox:

Wow, diving right for the bottom, huh?

Anyway, i never got fully into the sopranos, but what i saw was well made. I enjoyed JGs work in the last castle, fallen, and where the wild things are, though. He was a truly talented actor. RIP mr. Gandolfini.

The other tragedies deserve better coverage, sure, but maybe start another topic to discuss them instead of dumping on someone elses post? Just a thought...

Stay classy, ARC!

One of the best TV series and a truly magnificent lead actor. Sad loss!

R.I.P.

Gabor

Great character actor.

And so young.... James Gandolfini , Sir ,REST IN PEACE :pray:

Great guy doing things for the Veterans :salute:

Will be missed by the movie industry as well as us as he was a brilliant actor. :crying2:

Yes, one celebrity died three days ago.

Meanwhile in Calgary, right now, 100,000 people are being evacuated. Homes and businesses have been lost. People and animals have died. The Canadian Army has been called in to help. Police from Edmonton have been called in to help. The Saddle dome is pretty much destroyed. The stamped grounds are pretty much destroyed. Bridges are at risk of failing. And there's more rain on the way.

Amazingly (or not) Fox news hasn't even mentioned this, and on cnn this story is 3rd behind micheal jackson and some dude that played a ganster on tv.

Yes, it is a tragedy and I am sorry to hear your country is being hit with a disaster of this magnitude.

Is that any reason to jump on the OP like that?

Deeply upsetting on so many levels. He was four years younger than me and still had a brilliant career ahead of him.

A superb actor in everything I ever saw him in, and, apparently, a very fine human being as well. What's left to say? It's just so, so sad.

RIP

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Yes, it is a tragedy and I am sorry to hear your country is being hit with a disaster of this magnitude.

Is that any reason to jump on the OP like that?

Endless media attention to tornado's in Oklahoma. Hurricane Sandy (which also hit our East Coast). Katrina, etc.. etc.. etc... endless hours of media attention to those, and other events. Canada sends aid all over the world when these events happen in other countries. Including Budapest a couple of weeks ago. Our redcross was there with donations (although I would highly suspect nobody outside of Canada knows that). We open up our homes when people were stranded when the airlines were shut down. We sent people down south to build houses (free of charge) to help rebuild New Orleans. Earth Quakes around the world? Our teams are there digging people out.

Yet something happens in Canada and there's barely a blip. Nobody even mentions it. Heck the actual thread on the subject has 4 posts. Instead??? Endless media coverage about an actor that died days ago from natural causes.

This board has at least 2 members (that I can think of) that live in the middle of that mess (I have family in the general area, although I wouldn't expect anyone here to know that). Yet how many here have bothered to mentioned anything in that topics thread?? Even acknowledge it's happening?

Sooo maybe someone will forgive me for a mild rant all things considered.

[edit] and before anyone asks what I've done. I've already given blood today. I can't afford the $$ but blood is just a helpful. I'd encourage everyone to do the same if they can.

thanks

Edited by RiderFan