Hi guys,

because I'm a very slowly builder,I've decided to start my second model for this GB with the hope to finish both the builds in time!

This is one of my various planned Israeli Phantoms,precisely a Yom Kippur War F-4 of the 107 Sq. , one of the Knight of the Orange Tails MiG-killers ( still in doubt if # 122 or 184 ).

This is the model and the AM I will use for this build ( I forget to include in the photo the Sky'sDecals sheet).

l4vc.jpg[/url][/img]

89um.jpg[/url][/img]

The reference books.

7epu.jpg[/url][/img]

To improve some areas of the Fujimi model,I planned to use some parts from my previous Hase kits and some PE from the stash.

rdgl.jpg[/url][/img]

One of these areas is the pit:I remember reading that the bang seat sit too low ( checked ) ,so I've raised the bathtub floor and modified the consoles.

qbel.jpg[/url][/img]

Instead of use the stash PE I've opted to scratch all the four consoles;here the pics of the dryfitted pit' parts.

qbvs.jpg[/url][/img]

qfac.jpg[/url][/img]

dznp.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all ,now I've started the pit sidewalls,so stay tuned my friends!

:cheers:/> Gianni.

Thanks Anders!

I've started to lost my sleep time because the dry fit of the fuselage halves show some kind of plastic warp,but in the other hand I've almost finished ti scratch the pit,some pics tomorrow!

:cheers: Gianni

Hi guys,as promised here some pics.

The pit is almost finished and again I tried to add much detail as possible.To replicate the circuit brakers panels I used the Archer rivet.

kzwo.jpg[/url][/img]

ku7z.jpg[/url][/img]

The IPs,not sure if correct for an Echo,but better of the originals.Need some details ( RWR,compass,ecc...).

wrn4.jpg[/url][/img]

And a dry fit.

0krk.jpg[/url][/img]

ypp5.jpg[/url][/img]

About the distorted fuselage and the bad fit of the lower fuse' part,I've checked the Anders post and...identical problem! :(/>

Now I started to think like resolve the problem...

:cheers:/> Gianni.

• 1 month later...

Hi all friends,long time passed from my last post...I've just come back from my vacation but with some progress!

Some pics of the pits,sorry for the bad quality!

nlqk.jpg[/url][/img]

cz9n.jpg[/url][/img]

wfvr.jpg[/url][/img]

The work on the various pylons.

7pkf.jpg[/url][/img]

I've scratched some details like the BDA camera,the M-61 and his access door and finally the FLG door,claimed by the carpet monster.

ao8w.jpg[/url][/img]

I've opened the Midas IV's gas vent and added some detail.

evzs.jpg[/url][/img]

Opened various air scoop/intake and Painted the engine air intakes,again tried the plasticard seamless intake trick.

oxhc.jpg[/url][/img]

zv0q.jpg[/url][/img]

raz0.jpg[/url][/img]

And finally like the model look now,with the wings just glued.

cbmk.jpg[/url][/img]

Unfurtunately,I think to be unable to finish the model for the deadline,anyway I'm still active with this model!

:cheers:/> Gianni

Hi Ruud and thanks for youe appreciation.

About the Aero Journal,nothing additional info over the Airdoc or the Israbook,only few different pics from the other one's,but when I see the book simply don't resisr...

Gianni :cheers:

Ok guys,

despite I can't finish in time for the deadline ,I choose to continue to update this build.

I've added the internal detail to the clear parts,still without the rear mirrors.

8s32.jpg[/url][/img]

Detail of the variramps...

63gm.jpg[/url][/img]

kuyl.jpg[/url][/img]

...and to the Landing gear legs,MER and TERs.

o1ix.jpg[/url][/img]

Because the Fujimi kit came without rivets,I've added some to the airframe.

m823.jpg[/url][/img]

mqdz.jpg[/url][/img]

j6ln.jpg[/url][/img]

And phinally...the primer!

38c7.jpg[/url][/img]

nh72.jpg[/url][/img]

qv8c.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for now my friends,next step some preshading,so stay tuned!

Gianni :cheers:/>

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all mates,quite a lot of days passed from my last post;I think that all of you know the ARC's crash,but I made some progress in the meantime,so now I'm here with some news!

I want to include an ECM pod in my Kurnass loadout,but the market offer very few type good for the YKW,so I've modified two ALQ-101 from the Gawa set upgraded as ALQ-101/V)3.

wj88.jpg[/url][/img]

i579.jpg[/url][/img]

And how look now,in company of the AAM provided from my build.

srho.jpg[/url][/img]

The fuel tanks painted.

iblq.jpg[/url][/img]

The paint on the lower surfaces...

z5ch.jpg[/url][/img]

...and the upper's .

1nzk.jpg[/url][/img]

jwlz.jpg[/url][/img]

I've already painted all the small parts, so after the clear coat I can start with the decals.

A small annotation about the decals: the Skydecals sheet include Hebrew stencils but these was adopted after the revised camouflage of the early 80's,so aren't good for a YKW plane that used instead the English ones.To short the story I was forced to buy the Isradecals sheet...not an economic loss!

Thanks all for looking,

Gianni.

Good morning my friends,

just a quick update.

The model received some Aqua Gloss from Alclad in preparation for the decals.

1myl.jpg[/url][/img]

sm5w.jpg[/url][/img]

kvzq.jpg[/url][/img]

I've started to put the decals on the MLG doors;here fortunately I can use the grouped decals but for the rest of the model,I surely cut the various Group in small pieces for two good reason:first I'm little concerned about the silvering of the big ones and,as advertised by Isradecals itself,the sheet was designed for the Gawa kits so I've to adapt to the Fujimi's.

But the pics.

p8cy.jpg[/url][/img]

The AAM and the ECM pod are almost finished.I add to the Sparrow side the electrical conduits to more correctely rappresent an -7E-2.

The various decals came from the spare box with the exception of the L shaped stencil of the Sparrow forward fins,hand Painted,not the best but I can live.

xfpf.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for now,let me know what do you think mates.

:cheers: Gianni.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all my friends, a quick update.

Just finished to place the gozillion decals on the upper surfaces.

b5tx.jpg[/url][/img]

fj9f.jpg[/url][/img]

As mentioned before,I cut and placed almost any single stencil to minimize silvering and adapt the decals to the Fujimi panels.

yizr.jpg[/url][/img]

eas4.jpg[/url][/img]

The nose section,one of the area that needed a big adaption work.

Kurnass 184 was a 4 MiG-killer airframe,but the pics of the YKW in my possession show two roundels referred at a September 13,1973 engagement resulting in a double kill for the Spector/Oren crew.

Honestly,with the danger for Israel to be wiped out by the Arab offensive and the high sorties rate sustained by the IDF/AF and the Kurnass squadrons in particular during the war,I don't think that the plane was adorned with the other two kill markings during the conflict,And since it is my intention rappresent this F-4 during an YKW ABA mission,the choice was simple.

envo.jpg[/url][/img]

The job on the external stores is almost finished.

bjqy.jpg[/url][/img]

Now I'm busy with the underbelly decals,more news soon!

Thanks for looking,

Gianni :cheers: