Thanks a lot my friends!

Gene,I think that the Fujimi is a good alternative to the Hase' one but,at least for the long nose version, have some weirdness;for example in the air conditioning air inlets there are "indentations" while in reality the cross section of the area is almost rounded. Also some panels are wrong in position and/or shape.

But I liked the idea of the half fuselage separation;the Fujimi solution prevented tedious step between the main fuselage and the pit area.

I don't bought the Revell kits and consequently I can't give a judgement of these boxes,but surely the Hasegawa is still my first choice.

Gianni :cheers:

think that the Fujimi is a good alternative to the Hase'

We agree on that - it's an alternative, but Hasegawa is #1!

... the Revell kits ... I can't give a judgement

The Revell kit is a fine example of a well engineered but badly researched kit. Among other things, the cockpits are too shallow, the slope of the fin cap is wrong, the tanks are too skinny and pointy, and worse of all, the intakes are much too square ... and the canopies are too small/squashed ...and ... and....

And I'm sure you could fix all that to come out with a stunner!

Gene K

Good days all guys,

I'm here with some news.

The model is virtually finished;the painting phase is now out and I can start the final assembly.

Anyway I've to complete some details,both to paint and scratch ( canopy lock hook,nav light,aerials,etc...).

But now the pics:I choose a medium gray panel wash in order to help the detail to pop up but no too hard,only specific panels received a more dark wash like in the engine area to rapresent the weathering visible in the pics in my possession.

twfe.jpg[/url][/img]

crai.jpg[/url][/img]

uyrv.jpg[/url][/img]

bqg4.jpg[/url][/img]

tm8n.jpg[/url][/img]

All the small parts,

48j5.jpg[/url][/img]

Not happy with my strike camera's first attempt,I rebuild the windows with a clear piece of plastic cut from a nails's box in order to work directely on a part with the desired ,final shape.

The pics show the camera in company of the already scratch NLG frontal door ( the carpet monster...)

sjgc.jpg[/url][/img]

Instead of scratch the area where the canopy lock,I've hand painted it,hoping that with a little trompe l'oeil effect I can jump another tedious scratch session ( tedious because my skill are still limited) .

The result,I can live with it after all.

3im9.jpg[/url][/img]

The scratched M-61 part after paint .

3nw2.jpg[/url][/img]

ezo8.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for now,like always thanks for look and let me know your opinions,

Cheers,

Gianni

Good morning all my friends.

Ok,the model is 99% doneI've only glue the canopy and the engines,but I want improve the result on the latter.

In the meantime I've armed the beast,my goal was an bombtruck Phantom for my collection!

da6k.jpg[/url][/img]

fd3q.jpg[/url][/img]

wu5m.jpg[/url][/img]

71ns.jpg[/url][/img]

The canopys.

y9dn.jpg[/url][/img]

And some shot of the almost complete model.

vgtr.jpg[/url][/img]

jxmy.jpg[/url][/img]

xelu.jpg[/url][/img]

Probably next time I'm able to show you the finished build,so stay tuned and thanks for watching!

:cheers:/> Gianni.

WoW! awesome works Gianni!

all along that WIP thread it was very promising... and it's keep going on! only a few miles now from the final result! i can't wait to see!

i wish my 1/48 builds could look half busy as your's 1/72...

also, your trick of trompe-l'oeil is really great! 70.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys and sorry for the long silence but I'm ( fortunately) very busy at work and can't find freetime to take some shot of the model that I've finished 2-3 days after my last post...

Mingwin thanks for your words,very appreciated!

Rkic,normally for the PE parts on the clear parts I use Games Workshop CA glue,that produces little fumes. But in this occasion I've scratched the detail and this was glued with simple e more sure White glue.

Thanks all ,

Gianni.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all my friends,

I've finished the model some time ago but only now I find some time to post the pics.

More in the finished build gallery.

1j1g.jpg[/url][/img]

kj1b.jpg[/url][/img]

Happy New Year to all guys,I hope you like it!

Gianni :cheers:/>