61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna build a "naked" model?

• I've got my shades on and I'm ready to build.
    • No thanks

I've been wanting to participate in a group build for awhile now, but I never seem to have anything that fits the criteria nor the time to join one. With that being said I was thinking about a possible group build that I could do with what I have and the time I have. So.... How about a Natural Metal Finish only group build? It can be anything you want as long as it is bare metal. Planes, choppers, boats, cars, anything that's shiny! My plan is to build my 1/48 Tamiya P-51B/C as "Bonnie Bea". I know nothing about moderating or any other requirements for a group build, so if this idea were to go forward I would need some help. I wouldn't want to start this build till next year at the earliest.

Are you going to put on your sunglasses and build a shiny one? B)/>/>/>/>

Edited by falcon20driver

BMF is difficult, but cool. Good idea. I'm sure I could do some shiny jet for it.

It certainly can be a little tricky, but I think this would be a great excuse for someone whose never done it to give it a go. Hopefully some of ARC's better NMF builders would join and be a great source of wisdom for everyone.

Looks like quite a few of yesterday's posts and votes have come up missing after the outage. If you are interested and your vote and post are missing PLEASE SPEAK UP!!! I know we had at least 21 votes for Yes as of yesterday, and I would hate to lose those votes.

My current plan is to submit this group build proposal if we get our votes back up in the low to mid 20's (hopefully more will join in) for a start date of next March. It will be a 6 month build because I'm never home and it takes me a full 6 months to build a kit :boohoo: .

I look forward to seeing this one happen so please, grab some sunglasses and build a shiny bird :coolio: !

Holey crap! Next march for a start date? I was hoping to start say july 1st and go till the end of the year. I got a pair of T-6's with paint on the some of the interior ready to go, timing would have been good for this group build, but they will be done by march. Maybe I'll have another kit for NMF then....

Holey crap! Next march for a start date? I was hoping to start say july 1st and go till the end of the year. I got a pair of T-6's with paint on the some of the interior ready to go, timing would have been good for this group build, but they will be done by march. Maybe I'll have another kit for NMF then....

I know I can't start in July, I've gotta re-up my CFI ticket and I have a recurrent checkride due during that time along with two important builds. I'll be happy to do January if that'll work better for people. I'd actually prefer January instead of March, and people can maybe get a Christmas present to build!!

Great idea for a GB!! If January is the date, i'd be good with a Trumpeter 1/32 P-38 Lightning.

Don

I'd love to see a big Lightning in NMF :thumbsup: ! I've got a 1/48 P-38 in my stash I'm trying to get the courage to tackle. I need more practice with NMF first.

How do I re-vote? Still 'Yes', of course!

If you are seeing the results without an option to vote, then you probably voted early enough to get counted.

I voted yes, yesterday before the crash so my vote was lost. Today I got the screen that didn't show results and had a yes / no vote option, so I voted yes again.

Edited by Aaronw

I've got those Canadian P-51 decals remember. Not sure if they're nmf or painted aluminum or something. They aren't that shiny.

I'm very glad to see some interest in this group build idea, thanks guys :) ! I've submitted a proposal for the build in the group build section, now we'll see if we have enough votes. I could really use a little help moderating if this build happens since this is my first group build. If anyone would like to help please let me know.