61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna build a "naked" model?

• I've got my shades on and I'm ready to build.
    • No thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Timing sounds good!! Will be in with a 1/32 Trumpeter P-38 Lightning, markings from Kagero.

Don

Have to pull out the P-38. Measured my display case for the HK B-25 before i buy it( which won't fit, so i won't buy it ) and guesstimated the P-38. If i cut off 3-4 inches off the wing, i'll be good ( not going to do that) I'll have to see what else i can do.

Don

Thanks for all the inspiration folks! I do love a polished up warbird. Personally I'm trying hard to get my other builds finished so I'm ready to dig into the Group Build. I don't know if I have discussed it yet but I think its more than acceptable if people would like to have the interiors of their models completed prior to the build. My hope is that we can all improve our techniques for modeling a NMF through this build. I know some guys certainly need no help but us mortals can always use some new tricks! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's builds :wave:

Some nice inspiration photos there. I needed sunglasses while looking at the P-40. That is one shiny bird.

I have a Sabre (I know! I know!) that I have some interesting 1/48 scale NMF markings for. It's RCAF but not an active squadron aircraft. I will also probably try my hand at an NMF CF-104. I need one of those on my shelf. I only have the toothbrush schemed 421 Sqn colour bird and an overall green CF-104. I'm overdue.

Looking forward to the new year and this GB.

Mike

Alright folks,

The wonderful decals from Canuck models showed up today. These will be the raffle prizes for people who complete builds. I certainly wish I could keep these decals, they are STUNNING! Please remember to thank Canuck models for these great prizes and perhaps pick up a few of these beauties too!

IMG_20130826_210634_130_zps73e6c0be.jpg

IMG_20130826_210614_816_zps8485b242.jpg

IMG_20130826_210558_105_zpsdbe4a910.jpg

I haven't decided for sure, but I'll pick 1 or 2 from this list.

B-52F, 72nd Monogram D mod with BUFF Master engines, marked as early ARC Light bird

B-52H, 144 Dragon/Hobbycraft, very early SIOP bird

F7U-3, 72 Fujimi

F-84F, 48 Monogram as Peoria ANG bird

F-82G, 72 Monogram OOB

B-36D, 72 Monogram, marked red, white & blue squares & circle for nuke testing out of Kirtland AFB, NM

EB-47H, 72 Hasegawa as SAC ELINT bird

TB-58A, 72 Italeri prototype

Darwin