When does an AFV & crew become a dio?

AFV with the crew outside it -   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Into which category would you put this model?

• AFV?
    • (Single vehicle) diorama?
    • Vignette?

G'Day All. OK - the show is over, but I would seek your council on the following display.

I reckon that most modellers would accept that a model of a AFV with the crew figures in/on it, and operation it, would be entered into an AVF category.

But what about when all/some of the crew is dismounted from the vehicle for whatever reason. eg - they could be loading ammo, caming-up the vehicle, doing repairs, stopped to eat ........

Would it be just an AFV, or would it now be a (single vehicle) diorama?

TIA for your input. George, out.............

G'Day All. OK - the show is over, but I would seek your council on the following display.

I reckon that most modellers would accept that a model of a AFV with the crew figures in/on it, and operation it, would be entered into an AVF category.

But what about when all/some of the crew is dismounted from the vehicle for whatever reason. eg - they could be loading ammo, caming-up the vehicle, doing repairs, stopped to eat ........

Would it be just an AFV, or would it now be a (single vehicle) diorama?

TIA for your input. George, out.............

I know there's no hard split between the two, but the best definitions of vignette and diorama that I've come across are as follows;

- A Vignette tells one story.

- A diorama shows many small stories put together to tell one big story.

Vince

The official AMPS criteria for Dioramas vs. Vignettes begins on pg. 13:

http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/Documents/ContestRules/AMPS_Rules_for_Show_Judging_February_2013.pdf

Basically, a diorama must tell a story, a vignette does not tell a story but incorporates the model, scenery, and perhaps figures.

Curtis