1:1 Scale Apollo RCS engine

Here is a 1:1 scale Apollo RCS engine printed out by Shapeways. I'am in the process of layering it with multiple coats of Mr. Surfacer to help smooth the textured surface. It is quite nice and actually exceeded my expectations when I received it. It also has a complete set of data plates.

100_8243_zpsbc7dfa18.jpg

Edited by stevenichols

Holey Schmitt ... is that ever nice! ... and HU-U-UGE!

Didja build your own model in 3D Steve ... or is it a stock item?

And I hafta ask ... but don't feel like you need to answer ... what did it cost?

And ... is it one piece or did it come in a few subassemblies? Is it all hollow or, for instance, is the top section solid?

Thanx

Pete

Holey Schmitt ... is that ever nice! ... and HU-U-UGE!

Didja build your own model in 3D Steve ... or is it a stock item?

And I hafta ask ... but don't feel like you need to answer ... what did it cost?

And ... is it one piece or did it come in a few subassemblies? Is it all hollow or, for instance, is the top section solid?

Thanx

Pete

Hello Pete,

This was designed by Michale Key at the request of Pascal Hecker. She is quite nice and yup she is big, about the size of Accurate models F-1 kit. You can purchase one on Shapeways website with a price at $365.00. The kit is 7 pieces and the bell and combustion chamber are both hollow. I'll post some more pic's in a day or so.

We are trying to get him to do a L.M. in 32d scale so maybe if enough of us send him a note...........

Edited by stevenichols