Westland Scout AH.1 Mk.1

Well it's no show stopper but I'm calling this project finished.

This is the ancient Airfix kit with Airwaves white metal parts and a bit of scratch building.

Despite a poor fitting canopy and some overly simplified parts I still managed to have fun with it.

scout_08.jpg

scout_09.jpg

scout_10.jpg

scout_bench03.jpg

Lots more photos and details about the build are posted here:

http://www.kgwings.com/scout_ah1/scout_ah1.html

Thanks for looking,

Keith

That is a little gem! Wow!!!

Remember buying one when that movie with Lewis Collins (Who Dares Wins) came out...way back in the 80s...and even than I was shocked by the poor kit Airfix was selling.

Thanks! I downloaded that movie from Youtube a few days ago and watched it for the first time. The Scout scenes are pretty good!

Keith

Turned out very nice, Keith!

I would love to have the Airwaves set, but the prices at ebay are astronomic, also for the Wasp conversion.

What about Freightdog Models - there were some rumors some time ago?

Nice job on what I assume is a tiny helicopter.

I also immediately thought of the scenes from the end of The Final Option (the US title of Who Dares Wins), all it needs is a couple of SAS guys hanging on the skids. :cheers:

Turned out very nice, Keith!

I would love to have the Airwaves set, but the prices at ebay are astronomic, also for the Wasp conversion.

What about Freightdog Models - there were some rumors some time ago?

It was always out of my budget too but I completely lucked into this set!

At Scalefest this year I picked up a Pucara kit for a mere $10.00 and this Airwaves set was tucked away

inside the box as a surprise bonus! So keep your eyes open for a bargain.

Keith

Nice job on what I assume is a tiny helicopter.

I also immediately thought of the scenes from the end of The Final Option (the US title of Who Dares Wins), all it needs is a couple of SAS guys hanging on the skids. :cheers:/>

Thanks and here's a size reference for you:

scout_bench13.jpg

I was also struck by how quick and agile this little bird appears to be in this movie!

Keith

Thanks! I downloaded that movie from Youtube a few days ago and watched it for the first time. The Scout scenes are pretty good!

Keith

:lol: Tried to watch the movie again a couple of weeks ago, but ended up hitting the FWD button all the time...Guess we're corrupted by all the new high tech stuff.

Hi Keith,

you did a great job on the old Scout, built quite a few myself and I have very fond memories of the her as my Father was REME/AAC and use to work on them in Aden/Malaya plus Germany in the 60's-70's as well as the Sioux. I think about the only thing you missed off was the counterbalance weights added to the skids when the SS11's are fitted.

Great job and all the best

Steve