Question about the Queen Mary

OK, I've a hankering to build 'the Grey Ghost' from the Revell 1/570-scale kit. So I'm wondering, what colours to use.

For her vertical surfaces, which light grey? Ghost grey? Or some other light grey?

For her decks - were they also grey? I'm guessing that they were still wood, but were they still varnished (probably NOT glossy), or were they unpainted? Were they a flat colour for natural wood? Or were they also grey? If natural wood, what sort - a light colour like pine, or a teak, or a mahogany?

And what of her funnels? What colour were they? I'm guessing that they were also the same light grey. And I've found a B&W photo that shows that the tops of the funnels were still black.

TIA for your assistance. George, out................

I think it would depend upon what Navy painted her. Was she in USN or RN colors?

http://www.sscityofcairo.co.uk/images1/queen_mary.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/RMS_Queen_Mary_in_New_York_Harbor_during_World_War_II.jpg

she appears to have worn both a lighter gray and a medium gray. I dont know the names of the RN colors, but if USN colors, they could be Haze Gray, which is very close to modern Neutral Gray, and Ocean Gray, which is very close to modern Gunship Gray

She is moored up the coast a few miles from where I live. I was married aboard her in 1988...

Good point, Stikpusher. I'll have to research where she was painted. All I can be sure-of, is that the grey was LIGHTER that an RN grey ('else she wouldn't have nicknamed her 'the Grey Ghost'). Hopefully, this'll be a fun project - with all that railing and all those guns & tubs (yeah, right!)

George, out.................